Picking up a big enough bead.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Reaction score
I still can't cover zone 1 in one go, when I am working on the larger nails (mainly tips 3,2 + 1).
I feel it really slows me down.
Having to use more than one bead stresses me out! It takes longer and I get worried about marbling.
I am not talking about the little dry beads that we can add to deepen smiles, I am talking about the main body of zone 1.
Is it possible to cover larger nails without having to use more than one bead? If it is possible - have you got any tips on how I can pick up a large enough bead? I have tried and tried!!
If not, any tips on how I could use my beads better so that I can stop feeling stressed!?
Thanks guys!

It is possible but sometimes i prefer not to as if 'm trying to make a deeper smile line or something I find it can all dry too quickly before I've had a chance to perfect it.

It can sort of go one of two ways, if your brush is too wet whilst this helps you pick up your powder it is more likely to drop off your brush on transit from pot to nail.

Try holding a little more liquid in the belly of your brush than normal and when picking up your bead hold it in the powder for slightly longer than you would perhaps with the brush a little deeper than normal.

Try practicing on tips and see how you get on x x x

It is possible but sometimes i prefer not to as if 'm trying to make a deeper smile line or something I find it can all dry too quickly before I've had a chance to perfect it.

It can sort of go one of two ways, if your brush is too wet whilst this helps you pick up your powder it is more likely to drop off your brush on transit from pot to nail.

Try holding a little more liquid in the belly of your brush than normal and when picking up your bead hold it in the powder for slightly longer than you would perhaps with the brush a little deeper than normal.

Try practicing on tips and see how you get on x x x

This has happend to me So Many times! What a waste!
Thanks for your reply, I will keep trying :)

Sorry you're getting stressed about this but, there is no right way or wrong way about this, ratio is the important bit, so long as thats right it doesn't matter if you need to split zone 1 into 1a, where the tip meets the nail and 1b where the bead ran out up to the end of the tip, you are far more likely to get marbling from trying to pick up a bigger bead and loosing the right ratio, however if you find that a lot of your clients are larger nailed clients then perhaps your answer lies in investing in a different brush, since I started sculpting I have started using a number 8 oval from NSI it holds more liquid in its belly which allows me to play with the product a bit more but I wouldn't recommend this with creative because the primer is in the liquid and you would increase the risk of over exposer to your client. Hope this helps your stress levels hun:hug:

Sorry you're getting stressed about this but, there is no right way or wrong way about this, ratio is the important bit, so long as thats right it doesn't matter if you need to split zone 1 into 1a, where the tip meets the nail and 1b where the bead ran out up to the end of the tip, you are far more likely to get marbling from trying to pick up a bigger bead and loosing the right ratio, however if you find that a lot of your clients are larger nailed clients then perhaps your answer lies in investing in a different brush, since I started sculpting I have started using a number 8 oval from NSI it holds more liquid in its belly which allows me to play with the product a bit more but I wouldn't recommend this with creative because the primer is in the liquid and you would increase the risk of over exposer to your client. Hope this helps your stress levels hun:hug:
Lol, I only use Creative!
I use the Pro styler at the moment (no idea what size they are!) I will find out what bigger brushes Creative do. Thanks for the tip!

It's weird but I have the opposite problem. I usually end up picking up a bead that's much too big for what I'm working on and I have to pull some of the product off the nail and wipe it off (obviously not good practise!).

I think I probably just need loads more practise to get it all right!

I use the Pro styler at the moment (no idea what size they are!) I will find out what bigger brushes Creative do. Thanks for the tip!

The standard CND brush is the Pro Styler and its a Round #8 go for a 9 or 10 if you need to.. but I tend to work with more than the 'recomended' amount of beads and never have a prob, as long as ratio is right u dont see any marbling.

I did used to have to build zone 1 up with a couple of beads as I'd not got enough product to cover the whole of the tip.

It was a simple thing for me I changed my brush I bought the size bigger, still maintained the correct mix ratio but have a little more product to play with, and I also found this has helped to make my smile much sharper and crisp xx

since I started sculpting I have started using a number 8 oval from NSI it holds more liquid in its belly which allows me to play with the product a bit more but I wouldn't recommend this with creative because the primer is in the liquid and you would increase the risk of over exposer to your client. Hope this helps your stress levels hun:hug:
Primer is not in the liquid, if it was it would cause yellowing. Working too wet with any product puts you at risk of overexposure (product being more likely to run onto skin), as well as product lifting if your ratio is out.

I'm pretty sure it is a size 8, but you can get bigger if you want.

You could try doing 2 beads. The first one as a base to set the shape/length of the nail you want to create, and then layer a 2nd one over the top, making your smile & build the proper thickness.

I use Ezflow but as has been said, I would have thought a bigger brush would go a long way towards helping. x

It is down to the size of your brush hun, i was having the same problem and when on my skill building course with creative the tutor noticed and told me i needed a bigger brush,
i was using the pro sculptor (purple) so the tutor went to the shop for me and got me the pro styler (blue) it stopped all my problems and i produce much better nails now
you do need a bigger brush. hth

The next brush up from the Pro-Styler in the CND range is the Ultra Sculptor.....I too found it difficult picking up large white beads with the pro styler....

Yes, Creative Ultra Sculpter is the one for me.I too switched after watching educator Lynne Darling.:hug: It makes all the difference to me.

i ve used the creative ultra sculpture for years nothing compares

I use the CND pro styler and get the same problem when doing a larger nail, I may also have to think about changing to a larger brush.

I wouldn't recommend this with creative because the primer is in the liquid and you would increase the risk of over exposer to your client.

This is incorrect information. Retention+ and Moxie are primerless monomers - adding primer to a monomer would ruin it. However, you should keep all monomers away from soft tissue due to the risk of over-exposure.

I use the CND pro styler and get the same problem when doing a larger nail, I may also have to think about changing to a larger brush.

Caroline, you can have a look/play with my Ultra Sculptor when we're back at Salisbury next week if you like! See if you like the feel of it.

I love using a larger brush, but sometimes I use more than 1 white bead if it feels right to......

to create a big bead,
i wipe my brush less so it holds a lot of liquid, then dip in powder to create the correct ratio,
more liquid will absorb more powder,
personally i dont think its down to the size of the brush , its down to having the right ratio
also dont wipe your brush into a point a flatter brush will allow more pick up
( in this instance)
hth

to create a big bead,
i wipe my brush less so it holds a lot of liquid, then dip in powder to create the correct ratio,
more liquid will absorb more powder,
personally i dont think its down to the size of the brush , its down to having the right ratio
also dont wipe your brush into a point a flatter brush will allow more pick up
( in this instance)
hth

I will try this first (saves buying another brush if it works!)

The next brush up from the Pro-Styler in the CND range is the Ultra Sculptor.....I too found it difficult picking up large white beads with the pro styler....
I use the Pro Styler #8 and feel like I need a slightly bigger brush, so would the Ultra Sculptor be the one to go for? Is it just bigger?:)Thanks.

Latest posts

Back