Picking up the TINY silver balls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Please HELP ??!!??

How do you guys pick up and accurately place those Teeny-weeny silver balls.

I use an orange stick and blu-tak for rhinestones, but cannot get those silver balls off the blu-tak if I try and do it that way.

Can anyone offer any alternative ideas please?? :D

Many thanks in advance

Jenny - CND Master TEch

Jenny-Nails said:
Please HELP ??!!??

I use an orange stick and blu-tak for rhinestones, but cannot get those silver balls off the blu-tak if I try and do it that way.

Many thanks in advance

Jenny - CND Master TEch
Are you talking about bullion? I'm so glad you've asked this coz i'm also dying to know how to do it before I order some ;)

For really small items, I use a wood stick, dip it in some water, pick up the item and place it on the nail which has just had a top-coat or clear polish applied and hey presto!

For bigger items, I use a wood stick, dip it in some top-coat/clear polish, pick up the item and place it on the desired spot of the nail which again has just had a top-coat/clear polish applied.

HTH xx

ive got a 'picker upper' that i bought from nsi, havent tried it with bullions, but it works a treat with rhinestones! its got a rubbery nib that grabs so i dont see why it wouldnt work just as well?

NailNovice2 said:
For really small items, I use a wood stick, dip it in some water, pick up the item and place it on the nail which has just had a top-coat or clear polish applied and hey presto!

For bigger items, I use a wood stick, dip it in some top-coat/clear polish, pick up the item and place it on the desired spot of the nail which again has just had a top-coat/clear polish applied.

HTH xx
Which way would you deal with bullion? I use wood stick dipped in water for rhinestones but not dealt with bullion yet!

Carole, I do the same with bullion - just pick it up with a damp stick and place onto tacky top coat!

with bullion I would use the orangewood stick with just the tiniest piece of blue tac on the end (actually I use white tac lol) made into a point(or just the stick into water)...then the lightest touch picks up the bullion and it will settle no probs onto the enamel :) I have the nsi picker upper thingy too...I used it once, it was ok but find it too bulky at the end and find the orangewood sticks far better especially for delicate designs :)

Excuse my ignorance but I am not familiar with bullion yet. For heavier items, I would dip the would stick in clear polish/top-coat and then place the item wherever on the nail. (Water for very light items and clear polish or top-coat for heavier/bigger items.)

JackieMc said:
Carole, I do the same with bullion - just pick it up with a damp stick and place onto tacky top coat!
I always had the vision of pouring them onto the nail in bulk - i guess that's not right eh Jackie?? I guess you deal with it the same way as rhinestones??
:o

Have you tried an orange stick dipped in hair wax..works for me.

Bullions great you can use it in lots of way. You can dip the tip in when you have placed a topcoat/sealer where you want the bullion to go. I use sick and stone which is avalable on my website www.beautybonanza.co.uk its a sticky pad and an orange stick which give a more precise pick up. I also use bullion in between two strips on strping tape. Hope that makes sence! Had a hard day.

Jen

Jenny-Nails said:
Please HELP ??!!??

Many thanks in advance

Jenny - CND Master TEch

Hi Jenny, are you trying to place each teeny weeny little bullion ball individually on the nail?? Don't! :) Bullion is lovely, very effective, place it randomly for great effect. I use a very small nail art brush, dip into topcoat then roll in the bulllion and place it where you want on the nail. To clean your brush just wipe with polish remover or acetone.
This technique I learnt from Melle at All Things Nails, it works a treat.
Here's a few Christmas designs by Melle using bullion.
http://www.allthingsnails.com/CHRISTMAS_-_tips_1.jpg
http://www.allthingsnails.com/CHRISTMAS_-_tips_2.jpg

Hi all,

I use bullion quite a bit and it's much easier than it looks and clients are always amazed, cause i don't think they ever imagine how i'm gonna get it on.
I use a dotting /marbling tool which of course has a really fine tip, i just dampen it in a little water and hey presto!!
Bullion is great for doin lttle stems on diamante flowers and i use it quite a bit on top of smile lines in between diamantes, it give's a bindhi affect,
Hope this helps,
love Paula x

paula1973 said:
Hi all,

I use bullion quite a bit and it's much easier than it looks and clients are always amazed, cause i don't think they ever imagine how i'm gonna get it on.
I use a dotting /marbling tool which of course has a really fine tip, i just dampen it in a little water and hey presto!!
Bullion is great for doin lttle stems on diamante flowers and i use it quite a bit on top of smile lines in between diamantes, it give's a bindhi affect,
Hope this helps,
love Paula x
I'd really like to use bullion. Have you any pics, Paula, so i can get an idea of what you do. Your designs sound really interesting.

Will take some tomorrow , there on my board at work x

paula1973 said:
Will take some tomorrow , there on my board at work x
Thanx Paula, i look forward to seeing them - dont forget now!!!

I haven't tried these yet as never thought i could get hold of them. I do tend to be abit clumsy with small things. I love the idea though of using it on the smile line or with striping tape.

Jackie mc do you do these??

talented talons said:
I haven't tried these yet as never thought i could get hold of them. I do tend to be abit clumsy with small things. I love the idea though of using it on the smile line or with striping tape.

Jackie mc do you do these??
I find em real fiddly to use if I'm trying to place them precisly, random I find ok.
If you've seen my gallery pic of the black comp nails I did, I used silver bullion there.
I placed each little ball individually. As I put them on myself, I found it incredibly hard and I cant tell you how many ended up on the floor ... I was finding 'em for weeks, lol!
I used a dress pin dipped in water to place mine though I wouldnt dream of doing it that way for a client, I go with the orange stick idea.

Bullion is great but fiddly, we will be launching 15 colours at the show, (if they arrive from the usa intime!!) The above ideas are great, you can also put some in a dappen dish, top coat the nail where you want them and then dip, whever you topcoated, they will stick! Also try embedding them, they look funky! :p

Have to say Christine (nail novice 2 geek), your advice is great, you were taught well!!!!!! Oh and by the way THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for the massive box of chocs you sent me, how thoughtful are you, i was so touched, by the way, i have eaten them all, dont tell phil, i never saved him one!
:lol: :lol:

Hiya Rachel,
I have some lovely coloured bullion. Did a fantatic work of art, lol! ...well it was ok.
Came to top coat and even though I 'glided' the brush over rather than dragged ... all the colour came off the bullion revealing silver balls and a trail of dye ... any ideas???

Latest posts

Back