Picking your manicure products, & Pinnacle Dew

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bimbogeri

Reaction score
I've done a search but can't quite find an answer.. probably my fault for using too many short words in my search terms :)

Anyway, here goes:
Which is better when choosing the products for you manicures and pedicures - to have one brand of products to maintain a professional and consistent image, or mix and match products to ensure that each individual item you're using is the best you can find?

Personally I'd prefer the uniform approach. I've been a sucker for the aesthetically-pleasing since I was a child, and I'm somewhat embarrassed to say that one of the reasons The Edge UV gel was the top of my trial list (until I track down the wholesaler who was IBD) was because of the shiny metal packaging. :o But I digress...

I've seen the Pinnacle Dew products from Nail Order in their catalogue, and I like the idea of being able to get all the products - hand massage cream, hand wash, cuticle oil, nail polish remover - in the same scent. Could anyone give any feedback on what the products are like? I wouldn't want to be sacrificing product quality for the sake of having something that smelt nice, although I do think a nicely scented product is important.
Are there any other ranges that have the same kind of 'scent family' if you know what I mean (other than Creative Scensations?).
Otherwise, what product ranges would people recommend?

I know people may tell me that I ought to buy Creative products. PLEASE please no-one take this the wrong way and think that I am telling people what/what not to post, or rejecting the opinion that Creative are one of the best, but it would be useful if people could recommend non-Creative brands, at least for now. This isn't a pity party at all, but I currently have no job, no income (bar jobseeker's), a £15k student debt, and no Creative academy near me, so for now I can't afford their products or travelling to train with them. What I'd ideally like it a good quality brand that I can use for the bargain basement manicures I'm performing on my friends and family whilst I'm training, that is still salon quality but that doesn't require its own training, and that I could still decide to use when qualified if I can't or don't want to do extra Creative training.
I hope no-one takes offence to that. I've reread what I've posted and I hope I don't sound ungrateful, I don't mean to at all, I could just do with some non-Creative replies on this one.:confused: Thanks. Lol x

Hi

Before I start please dont shoot me down because I am a Creative nail tech and therefore use Creative mani and pedi products BUT I also use the Bella Mani manicure range from Beauty Express. I tend to use this as an alternative to the Creative Solar range as a few of my clients (VERY few) dont like the almond scent of Solar and prefer the scent of the Bella Mani range. The mango hand peel is gorgeous and to continue a "fruit" scent I use the tangerine and lemongrass Scentsations hand lotion from Creative or the melon and jasmine is a good alternative. Sorry I cant comment on the Pinnacle range as I havent tried it.

HTH
Shaza

Hi

Ive used Pinnacle products for a couple of years now and i think there great,the massage cream is very rich and creamy and a little bit goes a long way,the dew renew penetrating hand mask is great used with a pair of heated gloves,the mountain iol is good and a good retailer,i use mostly pinnacle products for my manicure with a few extra things thrown in as well.Also there parrafin wax is good,hope this is of some help,let me know how you get on.

Tracey

I have in the past used Pinnacle - I loved the Melon fragrance and used it at college but I hated the smell of the Dew cuticle cream. Unfortunately I also got a bit tired of the melon scent after a while and felt that I wanted to try something other than Peach but didnt really take to any of the other fragrances.

All I would like to say on the Creative side is that you do not need to train with Creative to buy the Scentsations lotions or anything else in their range EXCEPT LIQUID AND POWDER, so please do not discount them only on the grounds that you cannot afford or it is not logistically possible for you to do their enhancement training at the moment.

Also as a plus for Designer Nails is that you get points back for everything you order which works out at about 5% so once you have amassed about £100 of orders they take £5 off your next order - you could build this up over time by only spending £10 at a time or whatever. Sam/Samantha, I hope this is correct or you might have a riot on your hands LOL.

I liked the idea of using all one brand when I first started but now like the idea of mixing and matching - enforces that I have researched my market and offer my clients what I feel is the best. Whilst you are starting out and budgetting is a problem then choose the best you can afford. Once you are up and running then I can only say give Nailtiques a try - it's fab! It's a prescriptive range (ie different techniques, products for soft / brittle / healthy nails) and provides a very good manicure for your clients. It's not cheap, but the retailing potential and profitability is excellent. It was actually recommended to me by a client and I have never looked back since taking it on, it really does deliver results! Also they're training is cheap and really teaches you about the product (it's not a manicure training course).

Hiya BimboGeri!

I used Pinnacle mani products when I first set up and they are nice but....don't shout at me.... the Creative Spa/Solar ranges actually works out cheaper for me to use, I recently (when very bored) compiled a spreadsheet of like for like products from Creative, OPI, Ezflow and NSI, you know monomers, powders, files, mani/pedi stuff and you know which came out best value for money? Creative! It's a bit like when you go and buy those really cheap toilet rolls, you think 'Hmmmm 24 for £1.00' (ok maybe not that cheap) but you get through one every 5 minutes so you would have been better off buying Andrex! A good idea to start would be the Solar range, you can use it for both mani/pedi stuff and it's not too expensive! I know it seems everyone jumps on the Creative thing but there really is a reason alot of us use it.

Hope this helps!
J xxx

Sorry Jo Jo - you made me smile, think it's your intestinal tract that's the prob if you get through a loo roll every 5 mins - even if it is cheap!!! lol
Jo Jo said:
It's a bit like when you go and buy those really cheap toilet rolls, you think 'Hmmmm 24 for £1.00' (ok maybe not that cheap) but you get through one every 5 minutes so you would have been better off buying Andrex!

sarah haslam said:
Sorry Jo Jo - you made me smile, think it's your intestinal tract that's the prob if you get through a loo roll every 5 mins - even if it is cheap!!! lol

:lol: :lol: I hate those loo rolls! you know the ones! if you use it to blow your nose with you just blow a hole straight through it! J x

You need that brand that those two blokes dressed up as women use! - or is that kitchen roll - all the bigger for wiping you with lol!!!! ............... and sorry Bimbogeri cos we're digressing in your thread - but hey let's bring the fun back to posting - everyone's so hung up about getting shot down in flames at the mo!
Jo Jo said:
:lol: :lol: I hate those loo rolls! you know the ones! if you use it to blow your nose with you just blow a hole straight through it! J x

sarah haslam said:
You need that brand that those two blokes dressed up as women use! - or is that kitchen roll - all the bigger for wiping you with lol!!!! ............... and sorry Bimbogeri cos we're digressing in your thread - but hey let's bring the fun back to posting - everyone's so hung up about getting shot down in flames at the mo!

You might laugh but when I ran out of loo roll once....!! say no more! :biggrin: J x

Hiya,

I really like the pinnacle range because they have a good range and they smell out of this world, and a very little does go along way!!

Amanda

I have used thePinnacle products for a looong time. They retail very easily, especially when you have the complete fragrance sets. My favorite is the melon, and peach. But, always looking for something else, I started using Tammy Taylor manicure products. She makes oils, and removers in lovely scents such as Vanilla, Peach, Coconut, Gardenia, Opium, and Gorgio. I use the Peach, and Vanilla. They smell really good, and won't give you a headache.

Latest posts

Back