pict. of water encased nail now at...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slueless

Reaction score
Hi guys, I was able to put some pictures up at this site http://groups.msn.com/NailsWithClass/pictures My water nail attempt is the second one. Please dont grade me on the shape or art work, I was concentrating on making things float in that little fellow. Pleeeeez let me know what you think, I was most pleased when I actualy got it to hold water and things would free float. I felt like an engener :)
Thanks I will be trying to get something wearable in the water art nail soon I will keep you posted as to my progress :green:
Suzanne

slueless said:
Hi guys, I was able to put some pictures up at this site http://groups.msn.com/NailsWithClass/pictures My water nail attempt is the second one. Please dont grade me on the shape or art work, I was concentrating on making things float in that little fellow. Pleeeeez let me know what you think, I was most pleased when I actualy got it to hold water and things would free float. I felt like an engener :)
Thanks I will be trying to get something wearable in the water art nail soon I will keep you posted as to my progress :green:
Suzanne

Hi how is this done, as i cant see the image very clear, i could do with a large picture :green:

queen said:
Hi how is this done, as i cant see the image very clear, i could do with a large picture :green:
e-mail me and I will try to send a biger picture, that will open up with Internet Explore.
Suzanne.

Hi,

What method did you use for this.

Deana.

Hi, I got advise on line from several people who had all done it a different way. I tryed several ways, before I came up with a combanation of technices. First I Sculped a clear nail ( thin) I build a little 4 sided dam or pond in the middle of the tip to hold the glitter and stuff. Then I put glitter and stuff in the dam area :lol: and put a clear tip or glass tip over the top and sealed the back and sides, I had to build up the sides a bit to leave enought of a gap to allow things to float. Now I had a small gap at the tip of the nail. I took an Hypo needle and filled it with water, with a tiny bit of oil in it. not sure that was needed. inserted the water then sealed the tip. Filed and acryliced nail art.
1. sculp thin clear nail
2. sculp dam, and build up high sides
3. put things inside
4. place clear glass tip on top
5. Seal up sides and back with acrylic
6. insert water
7. Seal entire nail
8. File and decorate.
Hopes this helps, I had several failures before this worked for me, you may find out somethings works better for you then other, just keep trying tell you find out what works.
Good luck
Suzanne

THanks - think I might give it a go!

Deana.

TheNailDiva said:
THanks - think I might give it a go!

Deana.
Good Luck, Please let me have a peek when your done.
Suzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back