Pictures of 3D nail art???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkaholic

Reaction score
am struggling with my petals on my flowers. any tips or can i have some pic's to inspire?

am struggling with my petals on my flowers. any tips or can i have some pic's to inspire?

To do flowers in 3d that sit on top of the nail you need to use your l&p much drier than for normal enchancements take some cling film and place a bead of product down leave for a few seconds then take your brush and flatten it and pull it down at one side to make a teardrop shape when applied to the nail it will look like a petal.
To do a embedded flower again place a bead onto the nail and follow the above steps.

fantastic thanks :)

i'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know how i got on, i ve got a steady hand but i just cant get it perfect :irked:

I just made you a small step by step on the computer for different types of 3D flowers

3dflowers.jpg

For the first flower:
1. you start by applying a small bead of acrylic on the nail. This should by drier then how you would normally work. The bead is easier to control + maintain it, shape if it,s a bit drier.
2. start by applying some presure with your brush on the acrylic bead at the side where you want to create the center of your rose.
3. Apply pressure with the side of your brush in 3 or 4 different directions away from the center. Don,t push to hard or you push the acrylic to much outward so the petal would lose it,s shape.
4. When this is done your petal should like like the image on nr 4.
5. repeat this and try to overlap the petals to give it more effect.
You canfinish with a rhinestone or glass beads in the center.

The second flower:
1.The same as nr one of the first flower.
2. drag the acrylic bead to one side with the tip of your brush. Try to stay in the top layer of the acrylic while you create the drop to keep it smooth. You basically drag the toplayer of acrylic downwards while you move your brush to create the drop.

For some more complicated 3D flowers, here a step-by-step of a 3D rose that I did for a swedish magazine

finishednail2.jpg
stepbystep1.jpg

1. Pick up a small wet ball of coloured acrylic and place it on a piece of plastic/nail form.
Drag the acrylic evenly to one side with your brush to create a line.

2. Wait until the acrylic starts to set, making sure that the acrylic is still flexible.
Then lift up the acrylic line that you created, with a needle or toothpick and start to
roll it inwards to the opposite side from where you started. This becomes the centre of your rose.

3. Place a small ball of the same colour acrylic on the nail and place the centre of the rose on top of it.
It has to be held straight until the acrylic sets and the centre stays in place.

4. Take a small ball of the coloured acrylic and flatten it on the plastic/nail form in a
round or oval shape.
Wait until the acrylic starts to set, making sure that the acrylic is still flexible.

5. Place a small ball of the coloured acrylic to the side of the centre of your rose.
Pick up the small “still flexible” part of coloured acrylic and push it against the centre where you applied the previous ball of coloured acrylic.
Hold it in place until it sets and stays in place.

Repeat nr 4 & 5 until your rose reaches the desired size. You can shift in colour to make the flower petals (nr4) so your finished rose will have different shades.

Hope this was of any help :wink2:

Mieke these look great im going to save this to have ago at a later date x

Thx, glad that it could be of any help :wink2: Hope you have fun with it

Thx, glad that it could be of any help :wink2: Hope you have fun with it

thats a lovely tutorial mieke.
thanks for making the effort.:green:

I just made you a small step by step on the computer for different types of 3D flowers

3dflowers.jpg

For the first flower:
1. you start by applying a small bead of acrylic on the nail. This should by drier then how you would normally work. The bead is easier to control + maintain it, shape if it,s a bit drier.
2. start by applying some presure with your brush on the acrylic bead at the side where you want to create the center of your rose.
3. Apply pressure with the side of your brush in 3 or 4 different directions away from the center. Don,t push to hard or you push the acrylic to much outward so the petal would lose it,s shape.
4. When this is done your petal should like like the image on nr 4.
5. repeat this and try to overlap the petals to give it more effect.
You canfinish with a rhinestone or glass beads in the center.

The second flower:
1.The same as nr one of the first flower.
2. drag the acrylic bead to one side with the tip of your brush. Try to stay in the top layer of the acrylic while you create the drop to keep it smooth. You basically drag the toplayer of acrylic downwards while you move your brush to create the drop.

For some more complicated 3D flowers, here a step-by-step of a 3D rose that I did for a swedish magazine

finishednail2.jpg
stepbystep1.jpg

1. Pick up a small wet ball of coloured acrylic and place it on a piece of plastic/nail form.
Drag the acrylic evenly to one side with your brush to create a line.

2. Wait until the acrylic starts to set, making sure that the acrylic is still flexible.
Then lift up the acrylic line that you created, with a needle or toothpick and start to
roll it inwards to the opposite side from where you started. This becomes the centre of your rose.

3. Place a small ball of the same colour acrylic on the nail and place the centre of the rose on top of it.
It has to be held straight until the acrylic sets and the centre stays in place.

4. Take a small ball of the coloured acrylic and flatten it on the plastic/nail form in a
round or oval shape.
Wait until the acrylic starts to set, making sure that the acrylic is still flexible.

5. Place a small ball of the coloured acrylic to the side of the centre of your rose.
Pick up the small “still flexible” part of coloured acrylic and push it against the centre where you applied the previous ball of coloured acrylic.
Hold it in place until it sets and stays in place.

Repeat nr 4 & 5 until your rose reaches the desired size. You can shift in colour to make the flower petals (nr4) so your finished rose will have different shades.

Hope this was of any help :wink2:

Fab why not add this to the tutourial section :)

Fab why not add this to the tutourial section :)

Well if you think it,s decent enough to put it allong the tutorials i will :wink2:

:hug:

Wow - cant wait to have a go tonight.

They look beautiful and no-one as far as I am aware does this on the isle of man.

Definately should be a tutorial.:)

Once again, no problem.
I,m just glad to be of any help :hug:

Lovely pictorial there Meike :green:

But Im still struggling with my flowers, :mad:
So, I wonder if I can pick your brain a little bit?

First off, though i find them easy, I really dont like making the flowers in the 2nd pic much.
Im more interested in the first type of flower, the sort of 'embossed' ones, I think theyre gorgeous!

Can I ask about brush size/tip shape here?
My 'creations' yesterday would have been ok on thumbs and middle fingers but jeez ... I dread to think what some-one's pinky would look like with one of my babies sat on it! :eek:

Also, in your pic, the flower has a sort of two-tone look ... do you double dip your powders?

When i do flowers i mostley "double dip" my brush. I like different shades in my designs. Sometimes i add some color to it afterwards using a wet consitency color or glitter acrylic to basically paint higlights on the petals. For my 3D work i actually buy brushes from an art supply store.they can only hold little liquid so you don,t have the worry that your acrylic is to wet to shape. I have them in all sizes. Personally i can,t work with my regular acrylic brush to do 3D designs. It,s to bulky to do fine 3D work imo. To do my acrylic bead i usually do this with my acrylic brush, but to shape it and push it in place i use the fine art brushes. When u do the 1st type of flowers i recommend not to use to much acrylic since they can look unflattering if the petals are to thick "espacially of you are going to overlap them"
adjust your acrylic beads according to the size of the nail so you won,t have problems that the flower turns out to be to big.

Hope this was of any help?

Ah! thanks very much for that Meike! :)

After my feeble blobbings yesterday, I went to the art store and purchased a size 4 round water-colour sable, it comes to a nice point at the tip (I hope this isnt too much).
It had crossed my mind to lay down the petal with my old brush and then work with the finer art brush, so Im glad you said that, I will definately try it now.

I need to buy/get some pastels mixed up ... I was just playing with my Mosaic powders yesterday and the bold colours arent doing my flowers any favours at all ... well I have to have some excuses here. :lol:

I will keep playing/practicing, thanks for your help!

Ah! thanks very much for that Meike! :)

After my feeble blobbings yesterday, I went to the art store and purchased a size 4 round water-colour sable, it comes to a nice point at the tip (I hope this isnt too much).
It had crossed my mind to lay down the petal with my old brush and then work with the finer art brush, so Im glad you said that, I will definately try it now.

I need to buy/get some pastels mixed up ... I was just playing with my Mosaic powders yesterday and the bold colours arent doing my flowers any favours at all ... well I have to have some excuses here. :lol:

I will keep playing/practicing, thanks for your help!

You are very very welcome :hug:
I think a lot of things come natural when you do it a few times. When it comes to nailart anything goes, you kind of develope your own style en technique. Mosaic powders look good aswell but they show flaws better then soft colours since al lines are more defined. Pastell colors make flowers look softer and more dreamy. If you have mosaic powders why not mix them with white powder to make your own pastel colors? Goes fast and it,s cheaper if you are only planning to use them for your 3D works

Good luck!!!:hug: post some pics later on from your work when you have time

Good luck!!!:hug: post some pics later on from your work when you have time

You are joking now right :eek: :lol:

yes, I can see what you mean about the pastel colours having a softer look. I should go hunt out some mixing pots.

If I produce anything Im not too ashamed of ... Ill post them up. :eek:

You are joking now right :eek: :lol:

yes, I can see what you mean about the pastel colours having a softer look. I should go hunt out some mixing pots.

If I produce anything Im not too ashamed of ... Ill post them up. :eek:

LOL...I,m sure you can :green:

Latest posts

Back