Pictures of Nail diseases and Disorders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeni Giles

Reaction score
While looking at another website, I stumbled across a link to a site that had some incredible pictures and explanations of the different diseases and disorders that affect the hands and nails. I thought that it would be something that you all would be interested in. :green: The site is truly not for the faint of heart, as some of the pictures are very graphic and quite gross, but interesting in their own way. I feel bad for the people who have these disorders, it would take years of neglect for some of them to be this bad.:cry: The adress is dermnetnz.org

Jeni Giles

OMG!!!!!! Some of them are disgusting :eek:

You are right they are not for the faint hearted but worth a look just so that you know some of the more common nails disorders.

If this is the site i am thinking off. It as some pic's not just of nail dieases urghhhhhhhhhhhh

Hiya,

It's a brill site, i've been looking on it for ages and used alot of the pictures for my NVQ

Amanda

This is so good for reference this site, even if some of the piccies are really disgusting.:eek:

Oh cool. This will help with my NVQ too! :)

Eww. Just had a look and some of them are pretty disgusting. You wonder how people will let their nails get to that stage. :green: Brings a whole new meaning toa greeney!! I feel a bit sick now. Probably not a good idea to look at it just after eating lunch!!!! :p But great website, mainly because it is a New Zealand website, which is where I am from. :)

Jeni

I cam accross a site like this when I was learning Manicure and Pedicure at college. It does show the very extreme cases of nail disorders and dieases. But I found really useful to use and put some of the nasty looking pictures in my portfolio!!!

Jen:eek:

Eewwwwwwwww !!

OMG this is gross but will help me with my homework thanks for the link xx

Informative link.. thanks for that ... :)

I think I will leave having my dinner for a little later on now tho ewwwee... :(

Why is acrylic nails on the list of nail deseases?? Did something skip my attention or??
Btw yeeww to the other pictures

This is gross but incredibly informative. Many thanks. My 11 yr old son wanted to know what I was looking at and I told him if he didn't stop picking and biting,his would end up like that! May be it will do the trick!

Thanks Jeni for the link, found it very useful.

Not too be viewed before dinner!:)

Ain't us Kiwis just a bit twisted ;)

This site is one I've used a lot ... Here are some other great resourses

Dermnet.com

SkinAltas

Once again, don't try and eat after looking through them :)

Ain't us Kiwis just a bit twisted ;)

Oi...not all kiwis are just a bit twisted...........I'm fully twisted.:lick: :) :)

I just had my lunch, and wished i had'nt looked. But very good if you are studying.

Good dear LORD!! :eek: I always thought I had a pretty strong constitution about myself when it came to this...We did a whole chapter about diseases of the nails when I was in school, but I don't remember them being so, so, so ewwwww!!!

Latest posts

Back