Piercing children’s ears

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
florence said:
I didn't say I was a qualified this or that, I'm just simply asking... *sigh...* Don't get so upset if it doesn't inflict you, there's no need to, really... ;)

Florence I think its horses for courses we all have different views on this one, So lets just agree to disagree.
P.s. Would be nice to see your profile filled in too ;)

ValencianNails said:
I'm not upset love, just asking that's all... and only asking because you make it sound as if you could have a bit of knowledge, sorry if i was mistaken *sigh*

I am upset*sigh*:smack:

Ok, sorry... Filling in right this very moment. :)

My oldest daughter is seventeen, her ears were pirced when she was six months old.... It was simply the 'done thing' in my area in those days, and I was of course much younger and more impressionable.... She had no problems whatsoever with the earings as she was too young to play with them! She hardly cried when they were done also.

My youngest daughter is just two, but as I havent had her ears pierced during the first year, I will now wait until she asks for them to be done! This is simply because an older child plays with the earings causing infections, etc.

I don't think a child should have to be held down for ears to be pierced, if they are not done during the first year, then it is probably best to leave them for the child to ask!

Sue x

HI Guys

I am qualified for piercing and i have done babies from about 1 & older. I agree that the younger the kid is the more likely to have an infection however all systems are different. I, for instance, use blomdahl which is medical grade plastic, there is 0 nickle in it therefore no risk of infection. There is no need to use an sprays ect as you only need soap and water to treat the new pircing. Also the earings are packaged individually and at no time need to be touched as they are loaded straight to the gun. The gun also never actually touches the skin so it is completely hygenic. The sysem was developed with kids in mind and to date i havent had anyone have a reaction yet.

florence said:
ok then, please tell me what disinfecting solible you're using on your gun between piercings?

you dont use any disinfecting solutions at all on the guns between piercings as the gun never actually comes in to contact with the ear/lobe/client...only pre packed sterile studs. this is government approved in this country to pierce ears ....

I think babies and young children are beautifull just the way they are naturally. For me it is more for the parents benefit than that of the child, as the child at such a young age is really unaware of what is about to happen.
The parent has the responsibility of the child and it is their decision as to what is or isn't appropriate.

All this aside, as a previous geek said it can differ dramatically between cultures and what is considered as the norm.

Here is Portugal t was a habbit to pierce baby's ear quite young, on the old days right at birth. As ValencianNails said a good way to tell the baby's sex. I don't think it is traumatic to the baby, but i do not agree with this beacuse as our ears grow (and they grow all thru our life) the holes pierced when children are too oung become too close t othe face and not centered. So i think it's better to wait untill the girls asks for it.

I actually got my ears pierced when I was 18! If I had kids, they would not be pierced until they were old enough to ask for it to be done(and maybe not even then!) As part of our course, we have the option to take a day's training in Studex, but I won't be doing it-I'm a little too scared.:o

I took my daughter when she was 8 months old, babies ear lobes are softer and she didnt even notice, I think it is up to the parent whether or not they feel its right or wrong really. I basically had trouble myself when I was about 7, and I ended up with years of trying to have them pierced, finally they stayed ok once I had reached 13 but this meant I actually had my ears pierced about 3 times. So I thought I would take my little one early on, to see whether or not her ears would stay pierced and of course at that age they dont fiddle with them either. Good post and it will be interesting to see other views and opinions.

Can I ask was a gun used or a needle?

my my girls age 8 1/2 and 3 1/2 had their ears done at 6 months i had no prolems they didnt play with them when i showed them in the mirror the were pretties i think the law has changed they have to be at least aged 1 andup but it all comes down to personal preference we all have different opinions but my oldest has asked me if she is allowed to body piercings and tattoos i smy reply was when ur 18 u can have them done as long as u dont go over board i had them got rid of piercings i just have tattos so i cant be a hippercrite
but it all comes down to personal pref some like some dont:green:

Was a gun used for these piercings? X

I pierce babies ears all the time - it's part of my job. You are not cocky - it's your opinion. We are all entitled to an opinion - yes you are too! Those of us who do this for a living are (hopefully) trained and insured. It's not fun but it's just part of our job.

Hi Judy, do you use a normal gun for babies ears? X

This thread is more than 12 years old and the majority of posters have left the site so please start a new thread in the Skin forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back