Pigmentation on forehead - who has had good results?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
After starting the pill I noticed a very large area of my forehead turned very dark. It has been named 'pigmentation' lol I have tried a few things already but its still there. I go through loads of sheer cover to cover it but its starting to bug me. Has anyone seen really good results with the products they use?

I have been advised if a lightening treatment is used to put it all over the face? but wouldnt that lighten all of it rather than the part in question only?

xx

i have seen good results from an Environ product which is called Evanessence, it is not an overnight cure approx 3-6 months,it is patches and clarifying lotion the patches last 30 days and cost about £44 from memory the clarifying lotion should last a little longer probably 6-8 weeks and costs approx £22. This product is only applied to the pigmented area.

Environ also have their original C Boost which is lightening and brightening and also works well used in conjunction with the daily moisturiser. This product is used all over the face.

hth's:hug:

I have also seen good results with Dermalogica's skin brightening system - it consists of Daily microfoliant, day bright and night bright, it works best with a course of facials too.

Another brand is Elemis who do the Tri-Enzyme range which is also very good,

hth

Becki xxx

Hi Hun,
Have you thought, just go back to your GP? Ask them to try you on a different brand, and your problem may be solved easier than you think. I have had to change pill brands when side effects have been a problem. Good luck, lotsa luv x

Hi Hun,
Have you thought, just go back to your GP? Ask them to try you on a different brand, and your problem may be solved easier than you think. I have had to change pill brands when side effects have been a problem. Good luck, lotsa luv x

This is good advice. If you don't change what's on the inside then in my opinion it won't change what's on the outside. Remove the trigger, it will be a lot easier. And most of all wear a good SPF of at least 20 - even if you are inside or it's a dull and gloomy day.

its caused by the hormones in the pill.
some pregnant ladies get it too and the pill works by making your body think its pregnant.

proper name for it is chloasma

loads of info if you google it.

G.M. Collin's Luminance is good for hyperpigmentation.

Its caused by female hormones as above thats in the pill or hrt or even if you are pregnant.
Make sure you use a spf at all times a skin peel will help it or micro dermabasion treament.

Thanks all:)
How stupid of me! It never crossed my mind to get my pill changed???? even when I pointed it out to my GP. First thing to do:) Thanks Poshfloss.

I always use a high factor sunblock on my face, even before I had to have a mole removed cause it was a little dodgy:eek: Thanks Sarah.

I have started using the daily micro exfoliant and when my pill is changed I hope it will go away.

Thanks again guys your brill!:hug:
xx

Hiya,

IPL (intense pulse light) for me, it's a fab treatment for facial rejuvenation, scars, sun damage, pigment spot, thread veins, hair removal, stretch marks, birth marks etc etc etc
jenx

Advanced Beauty Clinic - Warwickshire
semi-permanent makeup
micropigmentation
skin rejuvenation
hair reduction clinics
Warwickshire, West Midlands and Staffordshire

MASTER THE ART AND BE A MASTER OF THE ART

I'm a medical esthetician and there a few thing I would recommend.

Like jenny mentioned, IPL is a great treatment. Most Clinics will treat hyperpigmentation with pulse light treatments, but what I've seen work best on pigmentation cases in Laser. The laser completely destroys the excess melanin which causes the color iregularity and works like a charm!

Either will work, or even a combination of the two. It's great that you've started exfoliating already, that will prep your skin for any treatment (if you choose to under-go any). After treatment, I would suggest adding hydroquinone to your homecare regime. It is a very strong lightening agent and you can even have a higher dosage perscribed by your doctor or dermatologist.

intense pulse light(IPL) is the best way to treat any dark pigmentation. the darker the pigmentation the better is works and there is no downtime as well apart from a bit of redness. i've used creams before and they made no difference at all, i wish i had just saved money and got an IPL treatment.
i went to Athera laser clinic where they got rid of all my pigmentation for just £75, which is the cheapest place i found online.

I went on a lower oestrogen combined pill and it did make things better - but also made me a psycho so I came off it lol.

I use factor 30 to 50 on my face at all times and the change is amazing. Don't just rely on your foundation having spf15 or something - use some decent stuff and then do your make-up over the top.

I have tried three different pills in the last 18 months and am sick of it. I'm sticking with the one I'm on and slapping on the sunblock. There are so many lotions and potions out there that don't work, although I've heard good things about laser and peels x

Ive seen a few clients with this problem, the pill can trigger of too much female hormone and cause this.

I would recommend a course of chemical peels and laser VPL, you will see a difference within one treatment of the laser as it brings the pigmentation to the surface and it crusts off, so you know its gone :)

Also have you contemplated the implant? if its the range of hormones in the pill causing the pigmentation the implant has only one witch may be more suitable to yourself.

Load your skin with SPF even in this dreadful weather, cause the pill makes your skin photo sensitive.

hth :)

Exactly the same thing happened to me I literally woke up one morning with all this pigmentation :eek:

Went to the GP who said it was the pill, also it could have been a late reaction after I had my youngest son (he was 2 and a half by this point :confused:)

I have changed pills about 6 times nothing worked, actually came off the pill (not reccommended as I am now pregnant again!)

Pigmentation is still there! Will probably get worse now I am expecting again.

The things I found that keep it under control are:

Factor 50 sunblock on the pigmentation area (I wear factor 20 on the rest)

Avoid direct sun on my face.

Elemis Tri Enzyme facials seem to make less noticable but doesnt get rid of it.

Lancome do quite a thick concealer which I have found is the best at covering it doesnt slide and really keeps it covered. Have tried dermablend which was useless and various others, lancome worked best for me as it was quite thick but looks light on the skin.

I hope it gets better for you, I think its either go the whole hog and have the IPL or just learn to deal with it on a daily basis. HTH X

Latest posts

Back