Pinched nail sculpted set speeds?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautiqueSpa

Reaction score
How long does it take you to do a full set of acrylic sculpts whilst pinching the nail?

I have just practiced on my left hand doing one nail on forms at a time with really long coffin nails. It took me 1 1/2 hours just to do the one hand. I wasn’t trying to be fast but this seems like a ridiculously long time to me! I’ve attached pics just for anyone who would like a look

If anyone has any tips on process/order of use for pinching I would be very grateful. I love how a coffin nail looks once pinched and would love to get really good at this part of nail shaping.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• A64213C6-4711-49B2-B03E-DB97C256B6AB.jpeg
    A64213C6-4711-49B2-B03E-DB97C256B6AB.jpeg
    892.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 290AE3F3-9815-4CEE-8540-FB57A162AE48.jpeg
    290AE3F3-9815-4CEE-8540-FB57A162AE48.jpeg
    961.4 KB · Views: 45
Pinching shouldn't add any time, sculpt the first nail, move on to the second, midway through second when appropriate apply pinching tool to first nail, finish second nail, start third, when appropriate move pinching tool to second nail and so on until all 10 done. Leave the last one on whilst final finish buffing first nail.

Pinching shouldn't add any time, sculpt the first nail, move on to the second, midway through second when appropriate apply pinching tool to first nail, finish second nail, start third, when appropriate move pinching tool to second nail and so on until all 10 done. Leave the last one on whilst final finish buffing first nail.

Ah that sounds good to me. Thanks for the tip xx

Also, you may find yourself being a lot slower working on yourself. I take absolute forever doing my own nails. :)

Also, you may find yourself being a lot slower working on yourself. I take absolute forever doing my own nails. :)

I have wondered about that. Literally walked around all day today with one hand sculpted nails and the other bare lol It’s a weird anomaly. Will just use tips on my wrong hand.

I have wondered about that. Literally walked around all day today with one hand sculpted nails and the other bare lol It’s a weird anomaly. Will just use tips on my wrong hand.

Sometimes takes me a whole day to do a full set on myself! :p

Latest posts

Back