pinching the nail help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsnailamilo

Reaction score
Hello everyone :) Hope you are all having a real good geek day ??? Just a few questions ! How many of you pinch the nail ???? do you only pinch when sculpting or when using tip and overlay how do you do it with a tip on ????? and how long do you pinich??? and when pinching gel do you keep piniching well setting????? also is there any times that you would not pinch???? hope you can help Thanks xxx

I never pinch the nail, as far as I knew pinching was for competetions only as it can hurt the clients natural nails. xx

Looked all other but never saw this, I must be putting the wrong words in???? it would be nice to get a few more answers though, so I can get the bigger picture of what people do:hug:

I personally dont ever pinch, but geeks that do most know enough about their product inside and out to be able to pinch safely.

Hi, thanks for your replys,:hug: I did a one to one on acrylic sculpting at creative in leeds, and I was shown how to do it saftley, so not to damage the natural nail and how to work the acrylic, asking more on how long do you pinich is doing it on the tip and overlay, as that looks scary, so if I know how to do it saftley would you do it?????? if you know what I mean, or do you think it is to much for everyday wear???? also I would do it the same way in gel, but I tried it last night but was unsure on if I should keep piniching in the lamp and if so how??? as the acrylic sets when pinching, and again is it to much for every day??????

I pinch all my sulptured nails, it just helps to bring the hips in and give a more flattering look IMO....I think it all comes with experience though, knowing you product's setting time (in all weathers) and also being taught how to pinch safely.

I don't pinch tip overlays though, only in competition when the tip has been thinned so much its fag paper thin.....pinching a salon tip overlay, your pinch whould 'pop' (spring back to where it was before the pinch) as tips which have been debulked for salon purposes still have a lot of memory and pop back to where they were before, so it's a bit of a waste of time IMO.

Pinching gel is a bit of a faff, again IMO lol, as you need to cure a bit, pinch a bit, cure a bit, pinch a bit, you get what I mean and I think only would be worthwhile in a competition scenareo.

I think your right, I will leave tip and overlay well alone, and I will pinch the sculptered nails, I know in my own head, but just need that little yes that right thing, if you all know what I mean???:hug:

i use c curve sticks for my sculpts and pinch around those

I prefer to follow the natural c curve of a nail, by utilising different styles of tips ..... after all they are gonna grow out the way they usually do).

Pinching can also damage the nailplate and cause separation.

Pinching is more for comps (most comp nails are quite temporary IE: they don't last very long).

Put a clamp on your own nail and see how it feels. Nails should feel comfortable to wear ....NOT PINCHED.

Latest posts

Back