Ping Pong - Shming Shmong - mine's much better!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sassy Hassy

Reaction score
Okay there have been a lot of peeps with hang ups lately (including myself) when posting in case they get "shot down in flames" so I think it's time to get back to having fun on this site lol! So with the theme running about ping-pong nails I'd like to tell you how I do my nails - very cheap cos most products can be found in your kitchen!

Begin with consultation - what are the best pubs in town

I start by sanitising - bit of bleach works wonders - you know the one that kills 99% of germs.

Then it's the cuticles, push back with a desert knife and cut liberally with kitchen scissors

prepare nail plate with sand paper - only a fine grit though, wouldn't want to do any damage.

apply tips (tips, tips what can I use for tips) Okay let's sculpt with tin foil cos I can't think what to use for tips.

Apply white toothpaste gel (well I'm a gel girl so you really didn't expect me to find a substitute for l&p did you!) to zone one, and then pink toothpaste gel (you could use blue for a special nail art effect) to zones 2 & 3 - not too thick mind wouldn't want them to look unnatural!

Cure in microwave for 3mins

Buff to a high shine!!!

Sell Flora oil as aftercare
Hope I haven't missed anything ...................... unless you know better!

Well, i dont know how anybody else is gonna take this but i was larfing my butt off (gotta keep a sense of humour at all times eh?)!!! Great thread!!!!!!!!

sarah haslam said:
Okay there have been a lot of peeps with hang ups lately (including myself) when posting in case they get "shot down in flames" so I think it's time to get back to having fun on this site lol! So with the theme running about ping-pong nails I'd like to tell you how I do my nails - very cheap cos most products can be found in your kitchen!

Begin with consultation - what are the best pubs in town

I start by sanitising - bit of bleach works wonders - you know the one that kills 99% of germs.

Then it's the cuticles, push back with a desert knife and cut liberally with kitchen scissors

prepare nail plate with sand paper - only a fine grit though, wouldn't want to do any damage.

apply tips (tips, tips what can I use for tips) Okay let's sculpt with tin foil cos I can't think what to use for tips.

Apply white toothpaste gel (well I'm a gel girl so you really didn't expect me to find a substitute for l&p did you!) to zone one, and then pink toothpaste gel (you could use blue for a special nail art effect) to zones 2 & 3 - not too thick mind wouldn't want them to look unnatural!

Cure in microwave for 3mins

Buff to a high shine!!!

Sell Flora oil as aftercare
Hope I haven't missed anything ...................... unless you know better!

Oy! Stop stealing my ideas you! or I'll be round to cause trouble! :D :D :lol:

Yeah Carole - but did I get anything wrong - have you any tips how I can improve my technique? I get such problems with lifting - what can I do!

Sorry JoJo - i've got a patent pending out on this technique now, so when everyone switches to shming-shmong nails I'll be RICH!
Jo Jo said:
Oy! Stop stealing my ideas you! or I'll be round to cause trouble! :D :D :lol:

sarah haslam said:
Yeah Carole - but did I get anything wrong - have you any tips how I can improve my technique? I get such problems with lifting - what can I do!
Errrmmmm, well that might be a little tricky for me to say as i'm not a gel gal!! Maybe you are over-curing?? I know when you cook bacon it gets curly so maybe your nails are frazzling in the microwave! :)

sarah haslam said:
Sorry JoJo - i've got a patent pending out on this technique now, so when everyone switches to shming-shmong nails I'll be RICH!

Well thats it I'm off to the kitchen to get my own new technique so nurr! :D

yeah - could be the tin foil as well - never thought of that. Anyone know of a microwaveable tin foil - this is important - MY CAREER IS ON THE LINE HERE!

hey sarah hun, was this before or after your session wth Paula !!!!

Your on your way to winning your first comp hun !

kx

competition shming - shmong's - whoa is there time for me to register at excel!

Could be !!! but with that winning formula if they find out about it im sure they'll say they cant let anyone else compete this year !!!

oh well Olympia it is then, watch out others dont copy your winning ways hun ! you'll need to start thinking of trolley etc for the microwave as they can be quite heavy too

kx

sarah haslam said:
competition shming - shmong's - whoa is there time for me to register at excel!

all that equipment - hmm. Anyone got a spare transit van?

sarah haslam said:

Well obviously the way to solve lifting is to use either Sellotape or Superglue - these are well known and tested methods :lol:

oh thanks hun - now that's sound advice - hope the rest of you are taking note - think i'll go for sellotape, get that nice shiny gel finish I think. Oh olympia her I come!

Ya'll are so funny. (Yes I'm in the south) But this is a great post.

okay - any advice from across the pond!

Hi Sarah,

Just a suggestion for anyone wanting to have a go at your ping pong - shming shmong nails but feel they cannot as they are L&P girls.....why not use flour and water for the whites (plain flour of course!, we don't want 'self-raising' whites!!!!!) and icing sugar with a dash of pink food colouring for the pinks :lol: :lol:

This is a great thread.....thanks for starting it......I am still chuckling!!!!! Will be watching your style closely at Excel :eek: :D

you l&p girls had to get in there somewher - next thing I know those Sweet's will be stealing my techniques and slapping Creative all over it - lol. Just wanted to put the fun back in Geeking and get everyone smiling again! Thanks for your great tips. sure all those l&p gasl are raring to switch over - I feel a conversion course needs setting up . Wanna join anyone?

ME! ME! ME! PLEASE!!!!!! :D

I need a giggle!!! Your kitchen or mine :D

oh mine - of course - you'd have to work at the master technician's house!

Latest posts

Back