Pinged Nail

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like leukonychia (white spots) caused by stress/damage to the nail plate.......ouch!! :(

Hi Julie, I get a few of this marks because I work with boisterous dogs and yes I think you will find it is injury to the nail. It does grow out. I work with a kennel-hand who has several on one hand. He insists its lack of Calcium (that old chestnut) - on one hand? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NeetNailz

Reaction score
Oh My! I'm full of questions today. I pinged off my thumb nail this morning - well not strictly true. I could not get the filing cabinet drawer closed so I gave it a mighty shove, only my thumb nail was in the way and it got smashed off. I filed down and smoothed the gel awayand my nail was really very smooth but where the extension had been there are now white marks. These show through under my new extension so I had to put polish on. Could these be stress marks/nail damage from the nail being pinged off (it did hurt somewhat). I'm sure I did not leave any gel behind.

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back