Pingers what did i do wrong?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sequinto

Reaction score
Hi all done a set of nails on client last week, this week she popped in to tell me both her thumb nails have popped off. I cheched her nails and it looks as if both nails have just come off at the free edge, all acrylic still intact, Could i have placed the tips on wrong without relising?

You may not have roughed the free edge enough or maybe there wasnt enough glue on the tips?

how about - she broke them???? :rolleyes: Product still on - rest of nails still on - 2 thumb nails broken - tells me that she broke them OR the thumbs were too long for her in the first place!!

Why, when 8 are intact, and 2 obviously haven't fallen off - do you think it is your fault??? Have faith - I would repair them as breakages and charge!! Talk your clients through what you are doing - as - you are doing it - tell them 'these nails don't fall off' how can they? they are chemically bonded to the natural nail??? - I did that all the time and my clients never used that expression - if the nails 'fall off' I wanna see the whole thing in one piece (and that has NEVER happened) - if it broke - you'll still see plenty of pink in zones 2 & 3 - you did nothing wrong apart from maybe doing her nails too long for her initially - HTH's!! ;)

Mrs Geek said:
how about - she broke them???? :rolleyes: Product still on - rest of nails still on - 2 thumb nails broken - tells me that she broke them OR the thumbs were too long for her in the first place!!

Why, when 8 are intact, and 2 obviously haven't fallen off - do you think it is your fault??? Have faith - I would repair them as breakages and charge!! Talk your clients through what you are doing - as - you are doing it - tell them 'these nails don't fall off' how can they? they are chemically bonded to the natural nail??? - I did that all the time and my clients never used that expression - if the nails 'fall off' I wanna see the whole thing in one piece (and that has NEVER happened) - if it broke - you'll still see plenty of pink in zones 2 & 3 - you did nothing wrong apart from maybe doing her nails too long for her initially - HTH's!! ;)
Thnx for that Mrs Geek made me feel much better i was wondering weather to charge her now i no i will

totally agree with "mrs Geek" you will always have those people that want something for nothing! i pride myself in my work and always aim to please but have had a couple of people over the years who have tried to tell me that "they were just stood there doing nothing & the whole lot just FELL OFF!" yeh right when you can clearly see that they have caused damage by bitting them all off in bordem! Never let these people get away with it you are trying to earn a crust also and you must have more confidence in yourself! tell her that you are happy thet you have done her nails to the best of standards and you will need to charge her for the nails seperatly to her rebablance, she knows the truth and so do you!

hope this helps
kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back