Pink And White Acrylic Infills

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaffacake

Malamute Geek!
Reaction score
I did a college course but it wasnt very good as they didnt even show us how to do infills! I am now really struggling with backfills on pink and white. I gave it up for a while because I know when It comes to maintenance I am useless! Just decided to take it up again seriously and wondered if anyone had any tips for me? Ive been told to file down the old acrylic and go over the top but they always look too thick, it takes an age and the smile line is never neat. thought about doing just pink acrylic and investing in an airbrush for the white to try to overcome this problem. any advice greatly appreciated. :o

If you you go to search and put in infills or back fills it should come up with loads of different threads about this. Loads of us have the same problem with it come to infills there is hundreds of threads to look at...good luck..! lol

This used to be my worst nightmare, u say u did not get good training who did u train with? U might find u will benefit getting good training or a refresher course to help u out to learn how to do yor rebalances and to go over any other problems u might b having like the last thread said look in the search engine for rebalances and you will get lots of help n advice good luck

thanks for the reply. I did a college course which lasted about 20 weeks. we were trained using NSI products but I dont know if it was endorsed by NSI? we had about 3 different tutors throughout the course which didnt help either. we were supposed to be fully qualified after completing the course but I dont think anyone went on to do nails properly afterwards. I have thought about doing another course but i always seem to be paying out and never recouping anything. The initial application is ok, its only the infills that are holding me back really. :rolleyes:
Sherrie.

You definately need to do just a workshop type course which can be tailor made for your requirments, they don't tend to be as dear as other courses and it would definately help you.

Also if you look under tutorials, there are a few on infills and rebalances that should help you.

Hi Sherrie

Your not the first person to feel let down by doing a college course. A friend of mine has her own nail shop and a newbie nail tech from the local college came into do her nails and they were awful. She hadn't been shown how to do pink & white and they were very thick and slab like. The tech was very upset when my friend pointed out where she had gone wrong and explained that the college didnt show them how to do certain things. But i can't understand how or why college's aren't training the tech properly? and how are they passing tech's that can't apply or infill?

You must feel really frustrated and let down. I no you said that you haven't got money to spend on any more course but i have just done my conversion to Creative and i paid £80 and you get a full kit with that too plus a days training....It was worth every penny and i have enough in my kit to do over 20 full sets.

Good luck and don't give up!

Fakin it said:
thanks for the reply. I did a college course which lasted about 20 weeks. we were trained using NSI products but I dont know if it was endorsed by NSI? we had about 3 different tutors throughout the course which didnt help either. we were supposed to be fully qualified after completing the course but I dont think anyone went on to do nails properly afterwards. I have thought about doing another course but i always seem to be paying out and never recouping anything. The initial application is ok, its only the infills that are holding me back really. :rolleyes:
Sherrie.
Have u thought about doing a conversion course? once u have done this u can then go onto having 1 - 1 training in any area u r having problems with good luck n keep us posted with how things work out

Thanks for all your advice, maybe i would be better off spending the money on a creative course rather than the airbrush! I will keep practising and keep you posted on how i get on
Sherrie x

I know how you feel, I really dont feel confident doing it either and i feel they can be really thick, I keep telling myself practise makes perfect. But dont give up and keep fighting the fight.

Hi,
i also trained at college 12 week course, i felt like everything was rushed and it didn't matter how good you was you would still pass!!
We was supposed to learn f/g, acrylic, sculpting, pink and white, and natural nail overlay and re-fills for all systems. To me there just didn't seem enough time to learn it all, which obviously there wasn't and as a result we wasn't shown how to sculpt or to do pink and whites. I do feel very let down and as a result have got to pay out for more training!
It is also true what they say Practise Makes Perfect, so keep practising and don't give up. :)

Latest posts

Back