Pink and white gel dips/bumps

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonails

Reaction score
At college, we are using NSI Builder Clear as base thin layer, Builder White (which I am having trouble getting a smooth consistency with this product) and then Builder Sheer Pink behind and up to the white.

I find that I am getting a dip behind the smile even when the pink is right up to the white, and so it is hard to file evenly.

I watched a video on Nail Angel and in the sculpting video, she uses a sheer pink as the base layer, does the white, and then goes over the whole nail with clear. Would it be okay for me to do this or would it take away from the pink nail bed look?

Anyone please?

It sounds like you are just not using enough product, try using a tad more and try keeping it in the apex area.
It is perfectly ok to use the clear over the pink and white and you can use the clear to correctly build your apex.

As for the white, try not to play with it too much and keep your brush on the surface only, you have to float the product not push it around, when youdip your brush into it, it will make dips and peaks and look streaky. As you get more experience, you will "just know" how much white you need to do your free edge and this helps with not having to play around so much.

I use all NSI products and have done for many years, it does get easier, don't give up because you think it's not going to wok out, you will get there, you have to learn to crawl before you walk and this goes for nails too:)

Thank you for your response.

I tried using a bit more product for the free edge and it made more of a ledge for me to put the pink up against. Managed to get it nice and smooth!

Glad it worked better for you:)

Don't ever give up, there is always a way to fix problems.

Latest posts

Back