pink and white L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janeawallace

Reaction score
Before you all say OMG lol i have tried and tried P&W and just am rubbish at it. Is it possible to do clear and then use white nail varnish to do the whites and then put clear acrylic / gel over the top to stop it coming off???

why dont you use a white tip?

In a nutshell....NO!!
Gel needs a rough surface to adhere to and L&P also will not adhere to an enameled surface.

Trust me no one wakes up one morning and can suddenly do perfect pink & white!!!!....
It takes a lot of practise (as long as you are practising properly!!).

If you really feel no matter how much you practise you are not 'getting it' then possibly you could do a 1-2-1 with an Educator to pin point where you are going wrong and rectify it. HTH

Why not just do a one colour application over a french tip or a natural tip and then paint on a French Manicure?? Many many technicians do that.

IT IS NOT IN my opinion what my definition of a professional would do, but it can look quite nice for a time.

i dont mind using white tips if they are having there nails done as a one off but eventually i would either have to soak them off or apply P&W so am trying avoid white tips.

Think i will have to keep practicing or do french polish over the top,

thanks all for your replies

Book a 121 training day like already suggested and practise like crazy
buy 500 cheap nasty tips that you wouldn't dream of using on the clients and practise your smiles with your white acrylic on these until you can not see straight lol
you will get there with practise hun, you have not been in the business long and it does take a while to master but it is so satisfying once you have hth
good luck hun :hug:

buy 500 cheap nasty tips that you wouldn't dream of using on the clients and practise your smiles with your white acrylic on these until you can not see straight lol
you will get there with practise hun, you have not been in the business long and it does take a while to master but it is so satisfying once you have hth

spot on advice there

Thats all i done! Got some nasty tips and just done a smile, over and over and over... i think i used all 500 but i got it in the end!

x

practise makes perfect!!
ive just started hair college level 2, never done any hairdressing atall, but what amazes me is the amounts of students who stamp their feet and say i cant do it!!
meanwhile im at home practising and practising ( like a real boff!!)
next week my tutor notices my improvement, yet the others are still saying i CANT do it!!
practise practise practise!!

good luck xxx

dont know if you have a gel light but I know some who do their l&p application then use pow swipe in their smile line cure top gloss cure and your done. Have you tried the reverse application some LOVE it compared to the traditional way.

Play with ideas and some other options. Like already said practice on tips until u never want to see a tip again. For me i do much better smile lines when I use forms but cant wait for my training to learn the reverse

Hi whats POW swipe??

Hi whats POW swipe??

It's where you would use a Paint On White gel and use a brush dipped in Scrubfresh to 'swipe' your smile line clean..... You would then cure the gel paint in your lamp and top gloss to seal it in..... So you apply the POW a bit like nail polish but beinga gel that you cure it is a permanent finish....

Does that help??

So i do clear/ or pink acrylic over all 3 zones
buff down
then apply a white gel for tip and cure
and then high gloss shine??

would i need a bonder over acrylic?? and also if i am doing someones re balance that already has P&W acrylic can i still buff down and do the same, that would be ok as my gel white tip is way better than my acrylic

It's where you would use a Paint On White gel and use a brush dipped in Scrubfresh to 'swipe' your smile line clean..... You would then cure the gel paint in your lamp and top gloss to seal it in..... So you apply the POW a bit like nail polish but beinga gel that you cure it is a permanent finish....

Does that help??

Sorry thanks Vetty....
the gel will bond to the acrylic. as far as the rebalance just rebalance as normal when to get to the point of polish paint on the white gel you want to use a pow they are thinner than a builder gel swipe your smile line cure put on top gloss cure and done.

Check out this website Gina does awsome work http://www.gelessentialz.com/home.html

gel over L&P works fine...just remember though not to buff your L&p first...the surface needs to be slightly course for it to adhere well.

and don't use scrubfresh too often to clean your brush.....it will kill it.....sable and synthetic ones.....the hairs will start to fluff out......just squeeze off your brush inbetween couch roll before you swipe....you'll save a fortune in brushes!

Thanks everyone

I am gonna try this out now

Jane x

wow

good web site becca boo

ok now i have looked and cant find scrub fresh or a paint of white gel

any ideas??

Home - Nail Systems International (UK)

Gosh that link's huuuuuuuge . . . . . lol Click on gel systems, I think it's on page 2 or 3 of the gel systems bit

I use NSI's White Tip Gel, it's lovely and very easy to use, after creating each smile line just put the nail under the lamp for 10 seconds (known as freeze curing) to stop the gel moving out of place, do this for all nails then do the full cure on both hands. Hope you get on OK.

Latest posts

Back