pink cast over white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deby

Reaction score
new in the industry , gettin better with practise, gettin more confident and smile line gettin better , the length a customer wants there enhncements is no longer an issue (as if they wanted then any longer than butted up to the end of there finger i would have a panic attack lol lol).

But now ive reach i dead end as i now am struggling with a pink cast, when ive applied my white then start my pink i tend to bring a small amount of pink over my white then when i come to file it i cant get it all off ......

any tips i use creative l+p.........

dont pull your pink over your white ... ??? (sorry i dont do L&P)

You need to be building an even wall with your white right around the smile line......any dips, or low spots in your wall will allow the pink to fill the gaps so to speak and shadow over your white.....it's OK to pull a wee bit of pink over your white as this will be filed off when finishing.......provided you have your wall to butt your pink up to.......

hope this makes sense!

Place your Z2 bead about 2mm back from your smile, push it where it needs to be, then pull brush forward and over tip to smooth it out, if any pink comes with that last brush stroke your using a bead thats far to big for the job.. if your smile line you have created has the correct shape (in the well) then the pink will not come over that (unless your using too much) .. a Tiny amount of pink 'may" come over but that would easily buff off with your finish filing.... does that make sence at all? lol I am better at demonstrating in person than explaining it lol

:):):):):):):):)
yeh thanks guy i know exactly what you mean , i will be workin on that one tomor ................. why didnt i think that in the first place duurrrrr.

That makes complete sence thanks again.....cant wait for work now tomor so i practise pracrise practise.....

Do the reverse application that way you are not dragging anything over your white and your smile line makes a wall to butt up to and is pre established

you could also try applying clear over your whites first - then use your pink

The other thing i find combats this from happening, when you apply your white and do your smile, if you use your brush to swipe under the smile, so that it rises up slightly, forming a ledge. So if you look down the barrel from the cuticle to free edge, the smile is raised slightly. You only do this once you have your smile done and it is slightly firm, or you will ruin the smile.

This way, when you apply your pink and butt it up to the smile, the pink will go slightly under the smile and not over it. This helps to keep a crisp smile line and you won;t get the pink bleeding over the white. If a little does do that it will again buff off when finishing the nail.

I hope that makes sense??

The other thing i find combats this from happening, when you apply your white and do your smile, if you use your brush to swipe under the smile, so that it rises up slightly, forming a ledge. So if you look down the barrel from the cuticle to free edge, the smile is raised slightly. You only do this once you have your smile done and it is slightly firm, or you will ruin the smile.

This way, when you apply your pink and butt it up to the smile, the pink will go slightly under the smile and not over it. This helps to keep a crisp smile line and you won;t get the pink bleeding over the white. If a little does do that it will again buff off when finishing the nail.

i did not think of this......i am going to try it......thats why this site is sooooo brilliant !!!!!!xxx:hug:

I just went and did it this way, and it was much easier, thanks for the tip!

Latest posts

Back