Pink hair help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katyt

Reaction score
A few months ago i had a customer that wanted ash blonde hair, so i did it with bleach and matrix ulav and it did the job.
She decided she didnt like it and wanted to go pink so i used a matrix watercolour pink, its lasted her ages as she does this “curly girl technique” and doesnt really shampoo her hair.
So now she wants to go back to like a base 8 with hilights, shes quite light naturally but does have roots.
If i use bleach and 10/20 vol for the hilights is it gonna lift the pink? And will a base 8 cover the rest? Xx

I personally would remove the pink first then go in with colour - it’s a bit risky you will do the whole lot and it won’t cover or lighten

i
A few months ago i had a customer that wanted ash blonde hair, so i did it with bleach and matrix ulav and it did the job.
She decided she didnt like it and wanted to go pink so i used a matrix watercolour pink, its lasted her ages as she does this “curly girl technique” and doesnt really shampoo her hair.
So now she wants to go back to like a base 8 with hilights, shes quite light naturally but does have roots.
If i use bleach and 10/20 vol for the hilights is it gonna lift the pink? And will a base 8 cover the rest? Xx
if its a pastel colour and not an intense pink, i would just use bleach and use a tiny bit blue based ash in a level 8 natural over the rest of the hair.
Pink is a reletivly easy colour to pull out if its oxidative permanent or demi permanent and not a semi-permanent stain. 8 is gold based, and when you add blue to gold, you get green, at a level 8, it should be a pale green which is the opposite colour to pink so will nuetrelise it

Latest posts

Back