Pink hair won't take

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngelLocks10

Reaction score
I pre-lightened hair base of 5, used a toner and then applied Crazy Colour Candy Floss, left for 30 mins rinsed off and it didn't take.

Did the exact same thing on a client before Christmas and hers is still pink.

Any suggestions or advice welcome , will try to upload pick if finished hair.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    178.5 KB · Views: 56
Did you anti oxy?

It could be a porosity issue and you may have blown the cuticle.

No, client used her own. She still wants the pink in, what do you suggest ?
Thank you Cams97 for your help

No, client used her own. She still wants the pink in, what do you suggest ?
Thank you Cams97 for your help

I've heard of this issue before with crazy colour tbh.

You should always anti oxy after a chemical service, you need to end one service before you can start another.

Without seeing the hair its hard to tell if its a porosity issue. You could try a different brand.

Is the photo above the end result you achieved? Pink dream in Instamatic range would look gorgeous glossed over the entire head. Candy floss is too light for this client most definitely. That you need a clean icy 10 for!

Wella service is great for this it's an anti oxy we use for every chemical service afterwards I done crazy colours on a client a few weeks back and it still looks great in her hair now I bleached her roots up using blonder cream then I took a panel section at the front putting the crazy colour blue then I put the lilac threw the rest this turned out great hopefully this can help you before and after pictures attached
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454500372.829371.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454500392.556926.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454500409.897725.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454500427.073851.jpg

I would of said the hair wasnt light enough. If the hair was white it woulda worked. If you use a darker shade of pink it will work. I woulda thought, Candyfloss didnt work for me until it was on white hair, i mixed it with pinkismo or even a darker shade of pink and that worked. x

I've just gone on the mobile site because the picture won't work on the app.

That hair is definitely not light enough for a pastel pink.

Thanks everyone for your advice and help, Wella is they way forward for my lady, will post a pic after X

Hope u manage to get it to work would love to hear back on how u done it :)

Latest posts

Back