Pink Hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smiler13334

#Nailartistic_me
Reaction score
I have always wanted pink hair, what exactly does it entail to get to it?
My hair is long and very fine so prone to breakage. Does the colour age you even more?

Also I heard certain colours can 'bring out' the colour of your eyes....if so what is the best for green eyes?

Thanks all
xx

I have always wanted pink hair, what exactly does it entail to get to it?
My hair is long and very fine so prone to breakage. Does the colour age you even more?

Also I heard certain colours can 'bring out' the colour of your eyes....if so what is the best for green eyes?

Thanks all
xx

My daughter had pink hair for a while and it was first lightened to a blonde and then pink was applied. I would say the best colour for green eyes are auburn colours.

Look at your eyes and see what color "flecks" you have in the green.
This will determine if you can go warm or cool.

hi if you lighten your hair to a creamy blonde then wash off and apply a pink crazy colour from sallys . when it start to fade you can apply crazy colour as often as needed it wont harm the hair ,

hi if you lighten your hair to a creamy blonde then wash off and apply a pink crazy colour from sallys . when it start to fade you can apply crazy colour as often as needed it wont harm the hair ,

I would not suggest doing this unless you are a professional hairstylist and know what you are doing. We make it look simple but it really has alot more than "just lighten hair and apply color" :rolleyes:

hi sorry i thought everyone on this site was a hairdresser , i agree if you are not a hairdresser you should have some test pieces done by a professional , also if you are very dark haired it may compromise the condition to go too light .
:smack::smack:

Hi Minky, are you a Hairstylist? You do not have much information in your profile so I don't know. ;)

I would not suggest doing this unless you are a professional hairstylist and know what you are doing. We make it look simple but it really has alot more than "just lighten hair and apply color" :rolleyes:

Hello i would just like to say sorry i honestly thought everyone on this site was a proffessional hairdresser all perhaps at different levels , I agree we do make things look simple, but as you say if you dont know what your doing it can turn out badly indeed. so if you are not a hairdresser and you would like a good colour result on your hair always go to a good salon and ask them to perform test pieces ,as this will determine the colour result and the condition of your hair , they will also take into account the hairs history and your base colour and let you know if it is realistic and achievable, and dont forget to ask about the cost ? hope i have clarified the situation , as im very new to this site, but now i know ,many thanks from minky level 3 :confused::)

Hi Minky, are you a Hairstylist? You do not have much information in your profile so I don't know. ;)

:confused::cry: oh hi there im just trying to get to grips with this site , this is the first time ive ever been on it , and it seems like im making a hash of it already , im still a bit slow on replying . yes im a hairdresser, im wanting to perfect my nails too , so this is a great site thanks for chatting to me , minky

No probs Minky and welcome..You are not noted as a hairstylist, only nails. but If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask one of us. I tried Pming you but I was not allowed as you have that turned off. So PM me if needed..

I had my hair neon pink for a while, people thought it wasa wig!!! lol. i loved it, nightmare to keep it looking fresh tho, as it fades very easily. Im bright red now, everyone has said it brings out the green in my eyes ...i have blue eyes!!! haha.

I had to bleach my hair twice to get most of the build up of black out of it, and even now theres still a wee bit on the ends, but it just looks two tone, with the red and black!! and if im honest, my air feels better now than it did before i bleached it!!! I guess when ive been dying it black the hair shaft has swollen and felt coarse, but now that ive stripped it out my hair feels softer!! crazy i know! =]

As you are blonde already Theresa the red crazy dye will give you a temporary look to see if you suit it before taking the plunge.

I have dark hair and used to have blonde highlights through it, I would put a red coloured mousse on top and it would go pink and wash out in a few washes I loved the fact I could change it when I wanted, and could put it in specific areas or all over if I wished

hth's:hug:

Thanks for the replies:)

I wouldn't be doing the colour myself as I have had far too many BAD hair days due to doing it lol so I didn't take you literally Minky:) I figured you may have thought I was a hair person.

Unfortunately Martigirl my hair has got alot darker and I now have a ****y Davis going on haha (for the younger geeks, it was a fella with a grey stripe ontop of his head) I take it a hair colourist will have to make the hair lighter to get a truer colour. Does it always have to be bleach? I usually have a high lift tint, would that work? or not as well. I just dont want to end up looking like an aging hippy.

Katelisa your hair sounds wonderful, got a picture? I have been looking at red too and noticed it really brings out the eyes. Black is one colour I always wanted to have, but with my skin tone I would look ill. How often should a person get their regrowth done?

Thanks again your all great xx

it looks darker thn it is in this pic. you can see how the ends are darker!!

l_617d7df2c26553a8f26e69ad56d4baab.jpg

Here is a pic of my daughter when she had pink put on her hair, it was lightened first then the pink applied but boy does it fade fast.

just a note to add, she had this done at a salon and not by me!

Attachments

• Copy of Copy of advert 005.jpg
    Copy of Copy of advert 005.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 172
I'm just about to put red high lights/streaks in my fringe, I was a mahogany colour but just dyed my hair back dark brown & then going to put highlights in the front!!! How often can you retouch up the streaks though as my hair doesn't hold colour well it fades soooo fast even with permanent dyes so know the red will fade quite quickly but don't want it going dry with constant up keep. I have my hair cut every 3 weeks though anyway. But can't afford to keep getting my hair dresser to do the dying streaking as it would cost a fortune as my hair is short so cuts out the colour quickly if you get me, lol. I have always coloured my own hair though. :) When I used to bleach it I had to bleach it twice as it would go orange first as its so dark, plus has natural red high lights in it & that was using 18% peroxide!! I have 9% for doing my red high lights hopefully it will work as even really strong reds don't show up that well on me. :(

Thanks for the replies:)

I take it a hair colourist will have to make the hair lighter to get a truer colour. Does it always have to be bleach? I usually have a high lift tint, would that work? How often should a person get their regrowth done?

Thanks again your all great xx

If you have a dark color on your hair now, you will have to have the stylist use bleach. color does not lift color. No way around it. If your hair is natural, then a highlift will do the trick BUT..either one is equal in what it does to your hair.
Why are you hesitant to use Bleach?

Regrowth is usually done every 6 to 8 weeks, any longer and your stylist may run into color that is uneven.

When I used to bleach it I had to bleach it twice as it would go orange first as its so dark, plus has natural red high lights in it & that was using 18% peroxide!! I have 9% for doing my red high lights hopefully it will work as even really strong reds don't show up that well on me. :(

unless your using a product that will lift and tint then using 9% (30 vol) is pointless. If you have already lightened the hair i would only use 3% or 6% with the red, as you are only adding colour and not lifting.

Just a reminder for those who are not professional Hair Geeks

I wanted to reinforce a couple of important points regarding the use of this forum so please give this a quick gander before creating new threads or new posts.

This is a forum for professional Hair Geeks. That does not mean that you can not post unless you are a pro; it means that you must treat it as a professional forum.

If you are not a hair professional:

* Do not recommend products or procedures (especially OTC and DIY products or procedures. This is a professional forum NOT a DIY shop)
* Do not ask which 'DIY' kits or 'OTC' products to use in performing a treatment on yourself or on a friend

Otherwise, feel free to participate in discussions and contribute constructively. The whole point of bringing Hair, Skin and Nails together was to learn from one another

nJoy

The Geek
aka Samuel Sweet

hi there your daughters hair looks cool i like the way the pink flashes through the fringe , yes pinks and reds really do fade fast especially in sunlight or if you go swimming ,so I guess its quite high maintenance really,
I suppose winter would be a better time to put the pink on as it may last longer ,

also if you wash the hair at a lower temperature it may last a bit longer, good luck minky

Latest posts

Back