Pink Hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As you are blonde already Theresa the red crazy dye will give you a temporary look to see if you suit it before taking the plunge.

I have dark hair and used to have blonde highlights through it, I would put a red coloured mousse on top and it would go pink and wash out in a few washes I loved the fact I could change it when I wanted, and could put it in specific areas or all over if I wished

hth's:hug:

I appreciate that this is a professional forum and I wasn't trying to give hairdressing advice, I was merely trying to show a temporary way of an OTC product for Theresa to try before commiting herself to a possible costly mistake.

I was quoting from my own experience, I hope I made this clear in my post.

I appreciate that this is a professional forum and I wasn't trying to give hairdressing advice, I was merely trying to show a temporary way of an OTC product for Theresa to try before commiting herself to a possible costly mistake.

I was quoting from my own experience, I hope I made this clear in my post.

Martigirl:

This is a quote from Samuels post:
* Do not recommend products or procedures (especially OTC and DIY products or procedures. This is a professional forum NOT a DIY shop)

This would be like me going over to the skin geek threads and start spouting off about how to do skin care. Or the Nail Threads and start telling everyone how to do acrylic nails. I am not licensed in skin care. I am in Nails but I do not do acrylics. So I take the position as a observer and ask questions. I do not give any type of advice that could possibley harm. Hope you can understand our position.:)

No problem I wasn't giving hairdressing advice but I will keep my nose out of professional matters and stick to what I am qualified in

I was quoting from my own experience
, I hope I made this clear in my post.

Martigirl:

This would be like me going over to the skin geek threads and start spouting off about how to do skin care. Or the Nail Threads and start telling everyone how to do acrylic nails. I am not licensed in skin care. I am in Nails but I do not do acrylics. So I take the position as a observer and ask questions. I do not give any type of advice that could possibley harm. Hope you can understand our position.:)

No, it would be like you discussing an OTC / non pro skincare product you had purchased and would reccomend.

Besides, I doubt very much that using a colour mousse is going to 'harm' anyone.

Also, just because i dont have a little yellow "H" by my name doesnt mean im not qualified.

You could argue that it would be like recommending someone go put fake 'glue/press on nails' to see if they like long nails before paying to have enhancements. From my PoV, that isn't what the forums are about however I also do not see it as too big of a deal as long as there is no confusion regarding a personal, unprofessional opinion/suggestion versus a professional one. The quantity and quality also needs to keep in cheque.

In other words, I don't think that you have to be a qualified hairmesser to share your experiences and perceptions on hair as long as everyone is professional and respectful of each others area of speciality and we avoid OTC DIY advise (the antithesis of professional).

For instance, I wouldn't expect everyone to be a qualified 'Airbrusher of Ye Nails' in order to say 'Man, airbrushing on ye nails is ugly'. Nor would you need to be qualified in using an electric file to give your opinions on their use. However I would expect that people who merely have opinions (instead of training or education in) would be respectful of those that did.

HTHs

have you ever tried coulor hair extentions i do hairextensions just put some purple in my daughters fringe and they dont fade i use balmain they also do clip in fringes and lenths then you can change your coulor every day look up andypalmer balmain hairextensions that who i train with

unless your using a product that will lift and tint then using 9% (30 vol) is pointless. If you have already lightened the hair i would only use 3% or 6% with the red, as you are only adding colour and not lifting.

Hi yeh the products I have should lift & tint!!! How often can you re tint an area if it fades fast then? As don't want to cause damage to that area?

Thanks.:)

Jacqui - Your Daughters hair looks funkay
Kate yours is gorgeous, you have lovely thick hair too. Mine is very fine baby fine and a pain in the bum.
Do these bright colours emphasise thin hair or give the illusion of thicker?

JD's - due to previous bad hair moments with bleach, my hair snaps off. Also hair professionals have said to me due to my hair bleach is not an option but colour lift would be better, I have been steered away from bleach.

I could always try the colour just in the front and see how that goes:)

Thanks all, your wonderful as usual xx

JD's - due to previous bad hair moments with bleach, my hair snaps off. Also hair professionals have said to me due to my hair bleach is not an option but colour lift would be better, I have been steered away from bleach.

I could always try the colour just in the front and see how that goes:)

Thanks all, your wonderful as usual xx

smiler~
what is your hair color right now?

i had my hair pink a few years ago. because i get bored easily i just had the bottom 2 inches done so i could have it cut when i was fed up with it!!

i didnt have it done professionally but bleached the ends and used a bright pink colour, unfortunately it fades REALLY quickly to a yucky salon pink colour so i'd be prepared for regular touch-ups.

i only touched-up my ends twice before i was bored, especially as the colour faded so much!

hth! x

\

i didnt have it done professionally but bleached the ends and used a bright pink colour, unfortunately it fades REALLY quickly to a yucky salon pink colour so i'd be prepared for regular touch-ups.

i only touched-up my ends twice before i was bored, especially as the colour faded so much!x

Fadage comes from over porous hair and Improper Applications of color/bleach .:wink2:
A professional hairdresser would be able to solve this problem for you.

Fadage comes from over porous hair and Improper Applications of color/bleach .:wink2:

Now, correct me here if i am wrong, but;

most pink dyes here are true semi's, ie, its pre-mixed in one bottle and last 4-8 washes (not a quasi-colour, 2 bottles mixed, last 16-20 wahshes). so they do fade really quickly.

My hairdresser did my hair BRIGHT red at the front, for that we used loreal maji mix red, which is very highly pigmented, with 10% or 20% peroxide, as we were only adding colour, and even that faded quickly.

I used colour keeper shampoos, and even a shampoo with red pigment in it, which worked the best but it still faded.

Obviously when you bleach the hair you can leave it all 'roughed up', the cuticle has been opened in order to remove the pigment from the cortex, if the cuticle is not then closed enough after the colouring process it will fade quicker.

however, a permanent colour changes the colour within the cortex, and a semi only stains it. Its all to do with the composition of the dye and its molecular structure, as this determines how deep it can penetrate the hair.

Am i going off on one?! lol. :lol:

i agree with you but for some reason most colours fade on me really quickly - even professionally done. i'm working a few days a week in a salon at the mo so getting discounted hair colour/cut and colour still faded a lot within a couple of weeks!

i def agree with u that better results from professional hairdressers but i think my hair just doesn't hold colour well!! and it grows bl***y quickly so get roots within a few weeks as well!!!! grrrr!

i agree with you but for some reason most colours fade on me really quickly - even professionally done. i'm working a few days a week in a salon at the mo so getting discounted hair colour/cut and colour still faded a lot within a couple of weeks!

i def agree with u that better results from professional hairdressers but i think my hair just doesn't hold colour well!! and it grows bl***y quickly so get roots within a few weeks as well!!!! grrrr!

have you tried using a Color sealer afterwards? This techique is used quite often with Reds and vibrant colors. Ask the stylists about it at the salon u work in.

most pink dyes here are true semi's, ie, its pre-mixed in one bottle and last 4-8 washes (not a quasi-colour, 2 bottles mixed, last 16-20 wahshes). so they do fade really quickly.
MOST, not all. I work with Demi and permanent flash colors also....and if you are shampooing your hair like you really should be which is twice a week..that is one month at the least and using the correct shampoo/condtioners, then there is also a color sealer.Some peoples hair just does not hold color. Curly haired people are like this because their cuticle is roughed up and open/porous.
Too many variables to come straight out and say bright colors do not last.

MOST, not all. I work with Demi and permanent flash colors also....and if you are shampooing your hair like you really should be which is twice a week..that is one month at the least and using the correct shampoo/condtioners, then there is also a color sealer.Some peoples hair just does not hold color. Curly haired people are like this because their cuticle is roughed up and open/porous.
Too many variables to come straight out and say bright colors do not last.

im talking tint available in the UK, ive seen one permanent pink, which was by igora i think, and it was a baby pink, and possibly limited edition anyway! the most popular is the crazy colours, by Renbow, true semi, they give fantastic colour for the first 2 washes, then fade terribly!

Genereally speaking i try and only wash my hair once a week if i can,. because its just such a task drying and straightening it. I look like tina turner after ive dried it lol. its not pretty!

Katelisa,
so you have natually curly hair? Have you tried washing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo? LOL yeah sounds really strange but it does help with natural curl which has a very open cuticle. Color does last better.

Katelisa,
so you have natually curly hair? Have you tried washing your hair with conditioner instead of shampoo? LOL yeah sounds really strange but it does help with natural curl which has a very open cuticle. Color does last better.

Naturally frizzy more like!! lol.

I have tried not using shampoo befoe and just conditioning my hair. I dont use hairspray or anything so i dont have any build up to remove. I didnt notice much difference really!!

My hairdresser did my hair BRIGHT red at the front, for that we used loreal maji mix red, which is very highly pigmented, with 10% or 20% peroxide, as we were only adding colour, and even that faded quickly.

I used colour keeper shampoos, and even a shampoo with red pigment in it, which worked the best but it still faded.

Obviously when you bleach the hair you can leave it all 'roughed up', the cuticle has been opened in order to remove the pigment from the cortex, if the cuticle is not then closed enough after the colouring process it will fade quicker.

however, a permanent colour changes the colour within the cortex, and a semi only stains it. Its all to do with the composition of the dye and its molecular structure, as this determines how deep it can penetrate the hair.

Am i going off on one?! lol. :lol:

hi there I was taught that the molecules in red colours are the worst culprits for being the biggest, fattest, molecules to try and force into the hair structure , scientists just cant get em smaller ,

Therefore the ones that should have got trapped deep into the inner cortex escape back out of the cuticle layer
so depending on the state of different peoples cuticle layer , this would then be a great factor in
the fading process,

also these days hair straightners can really take a lot off the cuticle layer if over used , so how can the red color lock in then ? :lol: minky

Using Igora royal any permanant pink can be acheived by mixing,all above factors effect colour fade with permanant pink hth's x

Latest posts

Back