Pink lines under acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
as some you might know from my other posts I have to do OPI acrylic for my VCTC at college (roll on DN training)

I seem to be getting faint but slightly darker pink lines appearing within the overlay - I think they are where bead 2 lovingly met bead 3...but it was not a good meeting..does any know if I am barking up the right tree... :|

Sounds like a ratio problem to me.
Make sure you work to a system each and every time you create a bead.
ie ... brush in liquid ... maybe one or 2 wipes against the side of the dappen dish ... pick up your bead. Make sure you do the same thing every time and you will get the same consistency.
Obviously the method varies for different systems. Make sure once you get it right you do the same thing every time.
Another thing is to work quick enough so that the bead you lay down is not dry before you apply the next bead.

geeg said:
Sounds like a ratio problem to me.
Make sure you work to a system each and every time you create a bead.
ie ... brush in liquid ... maybe one or 2 wipes against the side of the dappen dish ... pick up your bead. Make sure you do the same thing every time and you will get the same consistency.
Obviously the method varies for different systems. Make sure once you get it right you do the same thing every time.
Another thing is to work quick enough so that the bead you lay down is not dry before you apply the next bead.
..Thanks Geeg will have ago tonight, did my first set on a friend took me 2 hours quite please with other than the pink lines, will practice like mad to sort this. :biggrin:

Hiya Louise

I used to have this happen to me........I found out I was working too dry, so I started working wetter only to find I was working too wet!!! Fortunately I've now managed to get it midway and now work just right!! hehe!

Adele

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back