Pink/purple shampoo for natural grey hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inspia

Reaction score
Hi all , I’m over from beauty.

I’ve been googling but can’t find the answer really, my mum is brunette and desperately wants to go grey. She’s got quite a bit through her hair and her hairdresser said to use pink shampoo to enhance it although that seems to be for green tones? Can anyone recommend anything please I’m purple shampoo on myself so I’ve got brands sorted there but do you think pink is better and if so any suggestions?

Thank you x

With out seeing the colour of your mum's hair it would be hard to advise, pink toning shampoo isn't a popular choice I have to be honest. If you coukd show a picture maybe I can help a bit more.

With out seeing the colour of your mum's hair it would be hard to advise, pink toning shampoo isn't a popular choice I have to be honest. If you coukd show a picture maybe I can help a bit more.

0d34f9010a2d8fbad831461e5dd55d4a.jpg
f1b7df3c004b5830e52e1c002877ac6f.jpg

Hi, thank you. She’s just sent me these they aren’t very focused though. I wouldn’t say it’s the dirty wiry grey it’s nice, I’m not sure what can be done.

f1b7df3c004b5830e52e1c002877ac6f.jpg

Hi, thank you. She’s just sent me these they aren’t very focused though. I wouldn’t say it’s the dirty wiry grey it’s nice, I’m not sure what can be done.
Is it coloured at all? Or is this all her natural colour?

Completely natural x
Personally I don't think she's grey enough yet. Definitely don't use pink shampoo. Use a blue or violet based shampoo instead IQ or Fanola are my 2 favourites. It will take a long time for her to achieve a silver look. It may be worth considering having highlights to lighten and brighten it up and then continue using the violet shampoo.

Personally I don't think she's grey enough yet. Definitely don't use pink shampoo. Use a blue or violet based shampoo instead IQ or Fanola are my 2 favourites. It will take a long time for her to achieve a silver look. It may be worth considering having highlights to lighten and brighten it up and then continue using the violet shampoo.

Thank you, that’s kind of what I was thinking. I use fanola myself, I will let her know. X

Latest posts

Back