Pink semi permanents?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chattichic

Reaction score
Hi, just done my daughter's hairI have and used wella instamatic Pink dream and am really disappointed. You're supposed to be able to use it on a base 10. From other people's posts it seems that they were disappointed too....
Can anyone recommend a pastel pink please?
Thanks

Hi wella have another range called colour creates they do two pinks in that range and a clear to pastelise the colours.. what colour is in the bowl is the colour it will go l.. hope this helps x

Thanks for your reply. X

Any decent brand of direct dye semi excluding crazy colour should work well. Don’t forget you need to neutralise the 10 before applying your target colour. I find the oxidising Pastel colours tend to be less vibrant and long lasting.

It wasn't actually a base 10, I was just saying that it can be used on that base i.e it doesn't need to be bleached.

What was your starting point?

Hi, she's naturally about a 7 and she already had the high lift tint on and she lifts really well. It's just something we thought we'd try during lockdown.

It seems like others have had similar problems.

https://www.salongeek.com/threads/struggling-with-wella-instamatic.273045/
To be honest I've only ever put it over bleached hair. For the best result it has to go an a level 10 and use 4% with it.
It is a very subtle colour anyway. I've used all of the instamatic shades and I feel like the swatches are misleading.
If you want a more pinky tone you could try Koleston perfect 10/95.
My favourite though has to be diluting colour touch 55/65 with 10/6.
You could always experiment with the paper tissue thing that people seam to be going mad over?

To be honest I've only ever put it over bleached hair. For the best result it has to go an a level 10 and use 4% with it.
It is a very subtle colour anyway. I've used all of the instamatic shades and I feel like the swatches are misleading.
If you want a more pinky tone you could try Koleston perfect 10/95.
My favourite though has to be diluting colour touch 55/65 with 10/6.
You could always experiment with the paper tissue thing that people seam to be going mad over?
Thanks, will try 4% next time. That did cross my mind.... My daughter was fuming,vdaid it was all my fault

Latest posts

Back