Pink Silk and French Tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsinlondon1

Reaction score
Ruth Fordham Tutorial©
These pictures are not to scale and are just a visual help to show you the Fibreglass and Silk placement……….

Clipboard01.jpg

Pink Silk and French Tips
Step 1:
Sanitise and Prep the nail as usual.
Apply one layer of bond.
Apply pre-blended French tip.

Step 2:
Apply pink silk.
Cutting out a semi oval shape from the pink silk and butt this onto the free edge, covering zone 2-3.
Leaving a small free margin, around the cuticle edge
Bond 2 x as the Silk absorbs more resin due to the thickness of the material, let this dry naturally.
By the time you have done all 10 fingers, the bond will have dried

Step 3:
Take the Fibreglass, cut out another semi oval strip.
Apply to the nail covering zones 1-2. You will have an overlap between the silk and the Fibreglass.
Again leave a small margin at the cuticle area. This creates a nice apex, as you will have built an oval stress area in zone 2 this way.
Bond 1x and let it dry naturally. You will only need to bond once as the Fibreglass is not as dense as the silk.
Then apply build, apply this to all the layers and activate.
Buff the nail, with a 240 grid file to tidy up the edges. I use a Tuxedo, Yankee or koala.
Apply boost 1x over the entire overlay, remember again to leave a margin around the cuticle area.
Flooding the cuticles will cause lifting later on.
Apply 2nd layer of boost this time concentrating on the centre and brushing it, not all the way to the edges of the enhancement. Brush movement should be side to centre, side to centre in downwards strokes. Making your last boost stroke, the centre one.
Finish with a 240 buff.
Scrubfresh and polish with a girlfriend………….
All done……………this is how it works for me, but fee free to experiment……………..
Love Ruth xxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
Pink silk is now on my shopping list aswell as about 3 more boxes of the nail bases for Hilda(the hand) :lol: ,as you know i am practising hard on the techniques you have helped me with,next is the sculpting,now this!!!Thankyou so much for sending me the sculpting info,hey you should hear the worst half when he comes home and theres no housework done,no tea ready :mad: i say i'm sorry babe been practising ,got to do it then i'll be super fab one day!!!(i hope) :) :)DEBSY x

Love the tutorial im a newbee and love doing silks but where can I get pink silks from I normally go to adels hair & beauty, nsi & naio nails but havent seen them before

Last edited:
I trained with them that one passed me by thanx though:)

Latest posts

Back