Pink & White

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tina

Reaction score
IVE NEVER DONE PINK & WHITE BEFORE ( DIDNT THINK I WOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE SMILE LINE), BUT I THOUHT WHAT THE HECK IM GONA GIVE IT A GO AND HERE IT IS.
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IVE DONE IT AND ON MY OWN NAILS.
HOPE THE PICTURE IS OK FOR YOU ALL TO BE ABLE TO RATE:lick:

hi

just wondering if my picture is not clear enough to give a critique as nobody is commenting on my photo

thanks

Im unable to see the picture?

Is it polish or gel?

Hi Tina thats not a bad first try! To improve your smile lines have a read of the smile line tutorial on here,it worked for me.

Well done on your first attempt, it's NEVER easy doing your own nails to start with! :green:

I think you need to use less product in zone 1, giving you a slightly smaller bead, the free edges look bulbous and thick, you can see that from where the line of light is showing up.
You have "cat's ears" on your smiles ( ^-^ as opposed to a smooth continuous smile line), try to push your white right up the side to where you want your smile 'ear' to begin, do the same on the opposite side, then press your product out and sharpen the smile. They also look too wide on the free edge. Your zone 3 looks nice and flush :)

I think that with a bit of thinning out and refining in zone 1 and taking your 180/240 up the sides to bring them in a little that the whole look of your nails will change and improve aesthetically :D

Keep on showing us your pics :hug:

hi

thanks for your comments, very helpful, i strive to improve myself.

Sandi, you mention "cats ears", what do you mean by that - is it where my smile line doesn't go straight across but curves in. that bit confused me.

i appreciate your comments - they are very helpful

thanks

tina :D

Sandi, you mention "cats ears", what do you mean by that - is it where my smile line doesn't go straight across but curves in. that bit confused me.
It's where there's an obvious angle at each side of the smile as it goes up the sidewall.
Where it's supposed to curve (smile) at the sides, some of yours are straight... easy to overcome if you push your product up to the sides while it's "fresh" on the nail, it gets more difficult the longer you leave it and that's usually when the cat's ears occur.

Have a look at the following video, it should help a lot :green:

YouTube - Smile Lines

Sandi said it all I think. Good first try, don't forget to post as you go and you will look back and see your improvement. Well done and keep going

Latest posts

Back