Pinkies

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs Geek

Sweet Heart
Premium Geek
Reaction score
I thought the title would get the 'Pinkie Pleaders''attentions!

Right! This is NOT the answer you want to hear! Officially, Creative will NOT be bringing pinkie enamels back! Here is why... and it is to with costs - theirs, ours and yours!

It costs the same to fill an 1/8oz pinky bottle as it does a 1/2oz bottle BUT, the 1/8oz needs to be done by hand where as the 1/2oz is done by machine! CND say it is too expensive to produce pinkies and the mad part of it is, you (or we) would have to charge the same for a pinkie bottle as we do for a 1/2iz enamel - I seriously doubt that any sane person would pay £3.15 + vat for a pinkie to sell RRP at £10 (same as 1/2oz)???? Naaaaa - NOT going to happen!

So here is the point when some of you shout...but so & so do pinkies....yes true, but the so & so's that do pinkies are enamel based companies NOT product based companies like CND...we have a fabulous enamel line but we are PRIMARY about L+P and Gel, Tips, adhesive and PREP!

I am sorry to disappoint those of you who asked but I was able to sit and talk at length with the VP of Int Sales today and I know that some of you have been waiting for me (for a while) to give you a satisfactory answer.

It's funny but when we have cool ideas (and if it's been done before), we think that 'something' must be relatively easy to achieve, we don't realize the fundamentals behind our ideas...and this is just no longer viable for them, us or for you! Over and out on the Pinkie Predicament!:zzz:

oh well - thanks for putting us out of our misery :(

hi

Well thanks for asking for us anyways!

thats a real shame but i guess that is just the way it goes!
One question i do have though is regarding the pinkee collections ie dig....legacy.....mogul etc.
Are these available to buy in the uk or is it just in the u.s? The reason i ask is that i have previously purchased the legacy collection pinkee size from America and have since noticed that you can get the other collections from ebay from America.....
tickety boo
Amanda

diesel1978 said:
One question i do have though is regarding the pinkee collections ie dig....legacy.....mogul etc. Are these available to buy in the uk or is it just in the u.s? Amanda
Hi Amanda - I asked Rhonda about this! They did do pinkie collections for their 'chain' salons (originally I thought this could be how we got the pinkies for you guys) but again they only did seasonal collections and they would have made us buy too many - we would have been left with 1000's as peoples taste shifts per season! Anyway, I can officially tell you that they have stopped doing pinkes even for their chains!! SolarOil will be the only pinkie for now! If something changes I would let you know! As for ebay etc - they are just getting rid of old collections they they were able to purchase state side - if you can get your hands on them...go to it!! Hope this helps! :cool:

Thanx Mrs Geek!
i think i have more than enough enamel these days lol i have been ever so good and even refrained from spending at gmex lol! I think i can cope without pinkees as i just don't enamel nails these days .....my clients love the p&w's.
It is a shame but hey we will all cope i am sure!
tickety boo
Amanda

Oh its a shame but your answer does make perfect sense Samantha, Also thanks for taking time out to find out for us :cool:

Never mind eh - it was worth a try.....

thanks for updating us all same, and we will just have to sell the bigger sizes....so buy customers buy :smack: okay..

that's a shame but thanks for looking into it for us samantha...hey got my update this morning and the solarbutter minis look a great idea :) ...infact love the look of everything in there(cute packaging for the cranberry bath fizzies!)..looks like my credit card is about to take another hammering :biggrin:

I am sorry to hear that pinkies are not going to be available here. But I do understand the reasoning behind it.
I am just a bit surprised that you say that they are not being produced in the States anymore as I have seen a US e-bay item selling the new Mogul collection pinkies.
Don't know if this link works: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5526063215&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT.

It could be a fake but looks pretty authentic to me.

They did do pinkie collections for their 'chain' salons (originally I thought this could be how we got the pinkies for you guys) but again they only did seasonal collections and they would have made us buy too many

Samantha did mention Pinkies being sold in us see above.

Hiya
Yes, she did but I thought that the Mogul collection was new and Sam said they had stopped doing pinkies now. Maybe it is not so new in the States as it is here.
Sorry.

chris6080 said:
Hiya
Yes, she did but I thought that the Mogul collection was new and Sam said they had stopped doing pinkies now. Maybe it is not so new in the States as it is here.
Sorry.
Hi Chris - you are right....the meeting for the pinkies was recent (in the US) but the Mogul pinkies would have been sanctioned long before - I have already seen our Spring and Summer collections! Obviously because collections are done so far in advance, the pinkies would have been made up prior. We have never seen Mogul Pinkies - didn't know they existed until you mentioned it but I don't think we will be seeing anymore!:cry:

Latest posts

Back