pinks + whites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deby

Reaction score
just out of curiosity how many techs always build up with pink and white and how many just do the white tips and cover with pink or clear.
The reason im askin is i was trained to do the white tips and cover with pink or clear then i went and got trained at creative and now if i were to just do the white tips and cover with pink or clear i would feel like im cheatin .....

i was taught to do pink and white, i have used white tips, when i first started training and sometimes they are handy, but i mainly use them for party nails now.

I was taught to do both, I dont see white tips as cheating though, just happen to prefer sculpting.

I never use white tips unless the client insists and even then i try to explain the benefits of a forever french,
i too was taught by creative and creating the forever french is so rewarding

i was taught to use just white tips and cover with pink to the white tip then clear over whole nail....i do whatever the client wants although not alot just want white tips....now they have sooooooo many colours and glitters i prefer to do them....but its what the client want .

I don't like white tips personally so I ALWAYS build up, (sculpt) using pink & white!! :)

I was taught to do pink & white, I have never done just tip and overlay, :)

I did a VTCT course where we were taught all methods, sculpting, white tip, natural tip with white l&p. It all depends on the condition of the nails, the final appearance that the client would like and obviously what you feel most comfortable doing. In my training with Young nails we covered all 3 also. I did my Creative conversion and as it was only 1 day we just covered the blended natural tip with white l&p.

I don't like the look of white tips so I use a natural or clear tip or sculpt with gel.

if i use a white tip i always put natural on the tip and pink on the bed.
i also sculpt or do p/w over natural tips.
i offer all services to suit each client.
on one or two occasions if a client has arived very late for an appointment, i have done white tip with a clear overlay so that they dont go away empty handed.

I never use white tips unless the client insists and even then i try to explain the benefits of a forever french,

Absolutely agree with this post - I didn't train with Creative but I find the permanent French one of my most popular treatments. Done well, you can't really beat it.

Latest posts

Back