Planners/diaries/Filofax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkknailss

www.luxetanning.co.uk #Princess
Reaction score
Any planning geeks on the site?

I've been looking for ages for a nice new Organiser for my entire life/daily activities.

I had my eye on a Erin Condren planner for AGES! But it is very expensive and sadly the shipping to England is just way too much. I am super sad about this as I was looking at online reviews, blogs and videos about it for ages before the new 2014 launch! They are large but you can personalise it online and by changeable covers which I loved.

So anyway I was looking online at the idea of making my own planner/organiser with a A5 binder and printing off templates from online (there are literally thousands for sale on etsy, I've spent way to much time at work browsing, they are usually under 'diary printables/budget printables/family binder') I've looked on pintrest and blogs for ideas etc but I've changed my mind as carrying around a A5 binder in your handbag doesn't look classy.

So I've now come to the great idea of getting a Filofax! So naturally I've been looking at the website and I've got it down to 3 styles that I like! 'The Original' Size Personal £60, Size A5 £80 'The Saffiano' size A5 £43 and the 'The Domino Patent Organiser' Size A5 £35.
Looks like it will be the Domino unless I can find The Original for cheaper online.
Is anyone else a Filofax fan? Can you recommend getting the Personal Size or the A5? And how have you personalised yours? I want to get monthly dividers for the weekly calender, but what else would be useful?
I'll be using it for notes/finance/bills/social/family/work basically everything

I am such a organising freak so I really hope there are some fellow planning geeks online! And yes it does count if your a 'work only' organiser! :D

I have to put everything in my phone, or work diary, I'm rubbish with lists, and planners, forgetting to write it, or lose it, leave it somewhere and don't have time to keep looking in a planner

My phone is my personal diary, it beeps, event pops up, job done lol less stress

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I would be lost without my Filofax �� I've had it for about 8 years and it knows everything about me and my life lol I use it for work, personal, kids, record keeping the lot. A couple of years ago I thought I'd go modern lol and use my phone but when it then died on me I lost everything, contacts, client appointments, absolutely everything :irked: it was a total nightmare so I dug out the trusty Filofax again ��

I gave my Filofax to the charity shop. I can't be doing with bits of paper anymore since I got my iPhone.

I use my phone as it's backed up to the iCloud so even if I lose my phone or it breaks, I still have all my info. You can photograph items in shops, important letters, notes, articles & recipes in magazines and file them in a Notes app. I can then look at the stuff on my iPad or laptop later.

It's easy to plan events etc. and I can share my calendar so my husband knows what events we've got planned. No chance of him 'accidentally' booking a night out with a mate that clashes with a family event etc.

Also, I think you get more forgetful as you get older (although I think I've always been that way) so it's a great aide even to looking up a word that I just can't quite remember.

Love my Filofax! Got it two years ago in the WHSmith sale :)

I had an A5 Filofax that zipped up in red leather - it was gorgeous. I liked a zip as you could put notes etc in and pens and they never fell out. I wrote everything in it, but it was also my work diary. I was self employed for many years, and it was fab.
About 2 years ago my business went computerised and all my bookings are on computer now. The A5 got sold with a very sad farewell, and my girls bought me a slimline Filofax in dark blue leather for Christmas last year.
I had a personal, but just found it too cumbersome, and it didn't''t zip up.

My slimline is lovely - great leather, fits into small hand bag etc BUT to do it up with the pen in the holder is virtually impossible. I wrote a review, and emailed Filofax, but never heard anything. I have tried every pen known to man - or John Lewis - same thing - and just chose one I liked in the end and just put it in the organiser, but not in the holder.

I love pen and paper. I'm hugely stressed at the moment, and just being able to jot down what needs to be done before holiday on Saturday is therapeutic.

Choose your filo wisely - I would never get one without a zip - and enjoy!!!

Vic x

I use a personal zip up folio fax which I've had for years and would be lost with out it 😀

Theres a filofax shop in central london and I'm tempted to go today after work and have a proper look at the entire range
BUT

WHSmith is having a discount of a few of their stuff so maybe I should just go there instead? Because I will want to buy one there and then

I want one now!! Haha

Latest posts

Back