planning a wedding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lindag

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone else out there is planning a wedding, I am planning for July 2006 and in Ireland you have to book everything so far in advanced I have to book the church next month OH MY GOD, I have started to look at dresses and have one in mind but knowing me by the time comes to get one it probably wont be this one.

Hi Linda

Congratulations on the impending wedding - I got married last year and remember the planning fondly - at the time it was hell but looking back it was fun :biggrin:

An excellent source of support and a great bunch of brides to be hang out on www.hitched.co.uk - it's a fast moving chat board, and all the girls (and some fella's) are fab - you'll be more than welcome.

In the meantime keep us updated, I love a good wedding :D

Tina
xx

congrats on your wedding hun. I am getting married in October 2005 in Florida. We have booked with virgin weddings at a gorgeous place called Cypress Grove and the package includes everything but the outfits.... I WISH I had something to plan!!!!

Ive even already picked and paid for my dress - just gonna wait until nearer the time for it to be made and fitted!!

Trinity Nails said:
Hi Linda

Congratulations on the impending wedding - I got married last year and remember the planning fondly - at the time it was hell but looking back it was fun :biggrin:

An excellent source of support and a great bunch of brides to be hang out on www.hitched.co.uk - it's a fast moving chat board, and all the girls (and some fella's) are fab - you'll be more than welcome.

In the meantime keep us updated, I love a good wedding :D

Tina
xx
Tina,

Thanks for the link, I bet I will check it out regularly, I tried to up load a pic of the current dress but couldnt but I will keep everyone posted. I bet you will all be sick in the face hearing about it

Be warned - Hitched becomes an addiction :lol:

There's planning for when you are planning, OT (Off topic) for after the wedding, then BT (baby Talk) for those considering having little people!!!

There is always something going on - I've been married 17 months and I still check the site several times a day :o

Try again with the dress picture, we all love a wedding dress :green:

Congratulations on the impending wedding. I also got married a year ago, and loved the planning stages.

It does get a bit stressful sometimes but just remind yourself, do what you want and don't try to please everyone else.

Me and my hubby planned everything together so it made it really nice. One thing though, after you're married you suddenly realise you haven't got to chase anything or pay anything, you've just got to start saving again...lol.

Linda,
Congratulations on the impending wedding.

Planing can be very stressful and fun at the same time. One thing to remember is do and have what you both want on the day. If all dosen't go to plan, who cares life is too short and the main thing for that day is your vows to each other.

Another link is www.weddingsonline.ie (Irish site) and you can get a card from them offering discounts on alot of wedding items. Used it last year and found it great.

Enjoy and try get a pic of your dress.

Ive booked my wedding for Aug 06.
You do have to book so far in advance, people laugh at me as its 2 years away, but if u want something you have to book it.
Ive already found my dress and started to pay it of but ive got plenty of time.
Everything is pretty much done apart from the church but i cant do that until jan 05. even now i still get all girlie and excited about it.
Bless me.

Nice to hear you are all making plans for your weddings. I got married last year it is nearly my first wedding aniversary (30.08.04). You do have to do alot of planning. I wish I had started earlier we only had about 15 months to do it all. There all always slight hick ups though! My bridesmaid dresses were ordered months before my wedding. They kept promissing they were coming in the one week before the wedding they came in they should have had 6 gold dresses but they 3 buttermilk and 3 gold!!! After me and my mum cried for a few minutes :cry: I got out the yellow pages and phoned around and managed to get some more!! Although I had to opt for 3 in ivory like my wedding dress colour. Then you have people that are fussy eaters for your wedding breakfast!!! Despite all the planning (It does feel like you have a part time job towards the end!!) You will enjoy the day and feel like princesses and have treasured memories.

Jenny
PS-you can try confetti dont know if dot com or dot co uk!

Hiya Linda

I too got married last July, for the second time, and we planned it in six months! I wouldn't have thought it possible as I spent 18 months planning my first, but I found that there aren't nearly as many church weddings as several years ago so there was plenty of availability there. Once we started looking at reception venues we found it difficult to get what we wanted and so we ended up having it in our back garden in a marquee!

I wanted a great family day out as I have three kids from my first marriage, and so we had a bouncy castle and slide, kids cocktails, a kiddie corner and several gazebos housing fun games. We had such a great time and everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever attended!

It is true to say it becomes your job; I spent hours researching stuff on the internet and still have a long list in my favourites! Some sites I can suggest for help or just for fun are: www.confetti.co.uk, www.theweddingguide.co.uk, www.debenhams.com, www.manandwife.co.uk, www.wedding-and-brides.co.uk and for real life wedding websites try www.waycoolweddings.com.

Have great fun and the best piece of advice I can give you is get the best photographer possible. Spend as much if not more than you can afford because at the end of the day it is only this and maybe a video that will be left for your memories!

oh, i love weddings, had so much fun organizing mine. :) everything had to be right, i wouldn't let anyone help me, i even made all my stationary, because the idea in my head wasn't available! I was even at the venue the morning of the wedding, setting everything up, im such a control freek,:eek: i would have gone crazy if one thing was wrong! and had to be different and have salsa dancing and lessons instead of a band or a disco, it got everyone up dancing, even those boring relatives who normally sit in the corner, and because you move around to new partners all the time it ment my husband and i had a chance to dance with all the guests!

a good tip i have, is get loads of bridal mags, and cut out all the bits you like and keep all the cuttings in a scrap book, so you can draw out all the best bits and have your own unique wedding, with really cool different ideas!

i did this for my dress, i cut out pics of all the ones i liked and took the best bits and then had my dress made to my own design!

Also when it comes to the big day, try to relax! This is the mistake most o us make, we get so tense we forget to actually enjoy the big day, and don't worry too much if you don't get to go round and have a conversation with all guests people understand how busy you are and that you have soo much on your mind!

oh, wish i could do it all again, im gonna go get my photos out, and watch the dvd and have a good old cry, might cheer me up!!

you'll have so much fun planning it, and you can really let your imagination go wild!

Latest posts

Back