Planning Permission for a log cabin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kezza*

Reaction score
Ok hope it's not a silly question but I know a lot of geeks work from a log cabin, just wondered of you needed planning permission for it?

I work from a summerhouse. Planning depends on the size etc you better off contacting your local planning dept x

i really don't think you do! as it can be disassembled. you don't have to get planning permission for a shed. Tbh I think that's why a lot of therapists have it as you don't need planning permission :) xx

With my council you do, it usually depends on the dimensions and also the height, my council also needed a scaled drawing and location of the cabin in the garden. Also they wanted to know the hours of opening and the potential impact of parking on the neighbours.

Usually you can do a free pre planning application which will then let you know if you need to get formal planning or not.

I would check with your council because of you go ahead and they get wind of it and you didn't check if you need planning they can then make you apply for retrospective planning which is expensive and also they would give notice that you couldn't work in it until this is done. ( This is worst case scenario by the way)!

With my council you do, it usually depends on the dimensions and also the height, my council also needed a scaled drawing and location of the cabin in the garden. Also they wanted to know the hours of opening and the potential impact of parking on the neighbours.

Usually you can do a free pre planning application which will then let you know if you need to get formal planning or not.

I would check with your council because of you go ahead and they get wind of it and you didn't check if you need planning they can then make you apply for retrospective planning which is expensive and also they would give notice that you couldn't work in it until this is done. ( This is worst case scenario by the way)!

That's what I was thinking. Even of I didn't need planning for the cabin if I started working from it. Ok I'd have to look into it more

I would e mail your council planning department, that's what I did and that way you have proof of what you have been told, should any problems arise. HTH and good luck, just think how worth it will be in the end! x

Latest posts

Back