Quantcast

Planning permission for home salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Jodie Shires

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I have been doing mobile spray tanning now for 3 years and have just bought a house with a converted garage with toilet etc built in. I couldnt wait to move in and start making it into a home salon. Then i got a friend to look into permission to changing it from residential to commercial so that i could advertise and she said there is no way i could get it because of the area. Which means i could still do it but wouldn't be able to advertise etc? How has everyone else gone about this?

Would really appreciate your views as i'm absolutely gutted.

Thanks

souz

Reaction score
you just probably wont be able to put a sign outside which isnt a problem, i have a home salon and ppl soon find me!

there are always ways round things hun, find someone nearby who maybe has a home business and approach them for help?

mrspip

Reaction score
Hi Girls

I have been doing mobile spray tanning now for 3 years and have just bought a house with a converted garage with toilet etc built in. I couldnt wait to move in and start making it into a home salon. Then i got a friend to look into permission to changing it from residential to commercial so that i could advertise and she said there is no way i could get it because of the area. Which means i could still do it but wouldn't be able to advertise etc? How has everyone else gone about this?

Would really appreciate your views as i'm absolutely gutted.

Thanks
Hi
When I spoke to my local council they sent me a link to fill a form in and said that they may pop out to see me and my set up. My local council were mainly interested in parking and noise issues.
I decided to stay as mobile so didn't follow it up, but it might be worth you calling the council and speaking to them.They were very helpful

siana

Reaction score
Definitely phone the council yourself and speak to them. Each area seems to have a slightly different view and it seems as long as you are not creating noise, smell or parking problems most have no problem whatsoever. Good luck. xx

Latest posts