Plans for the future -advice re new salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

emmad

Reaction score
Guys,
Just been reading a really interesting thread on how long it took to build up a client base, thanks.

I'm definately planning to open my own small salon ASAP.

Those of you who already have one, did you get any formal business advice on the right area to choose, premises, etc or did you go it alone?

There are a few places locally who do extensions and nail care but only 1 or 2 salons. I really don't want to tread on anyones toes and would like to find my own catchment area for clients. I saw somewhere (might have been here) that one was planned for Wokingham (my local town) so I'd leave that well alone. Does anyone have an opinion on whether its best in town or out of town. Personally I find going into town for nails a pain with parking and so on unless I have something else to shop for. So I've been looking at local parades of shops in residential areas. What d'you think?
Em (getting in lots of practise)

In this months pro nails is a good article on costs and that for salon v mobile.

I think parking is an importna factor BUT also rember the three L's, Location, Location, Location. You may have the best salon, loads of parking BUT it can cost youa fortune in advertising to let people know where you are, footfall past the door can count for a lot, plus people can pop in at luntime or after work, especially if you are in a large town.

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back