Plans for the future!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Lou

Scatty Blonde Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Hi geeks,

As you know i have passed, woo hoo still buzzing lol. Heres my plans for the future:-

Over the next 6- 10 mths keep practicing so I can get my set times down and to do an airbrushing course and find the money lol to buy an airbrush. That way I can offer a full service, airbrushing is mad where I live....

After that initial period when I feel really confident, I am going to rent a chair in a salon that my hairdresser is in the process of opening. This should be opened in the next 6mths. It works out really well for me actually , as she said I could rent a chair on a daily basis for 2-3 days per week, works well around the kids and all that. Also in the mean time I can also go mobile, driving lessons is a must and earn on top of that.

Just wondering what all you geeks did once you passed, did you just jump straight in as I feel Im not quite ready for the deep end yet?

Im also planning on setting up a website, not yet but in the next few months and another question for all yous is how do I go about this, is it expensive, actually where do I start as I have not got a clue, so if anyone can offer any advice or tell me how and what they did once they passed it would be lovely to hear from you all.

Hi Sarah Lou,

Good for you to sit down and put your plan in writing. It looks like you've got something solid to work to!

As far as websites are concerned go to www.tripod.com and get yourself a free website. This is what I have done - take a look at www.signaturenails.co.uk.

There are plenty of other sites offering free space, but I've found this one to be the best. Just follow the steps - it's pretty straight forward.

Best of luck.

Karen

Yours looks great. How long did it take you to set up and where did you get all your piccies from? I so want a good website but can't afford to pay someone to do it.
Karen said:
Hi Sarah Lou,

Good for you to sit down and put your plan in writing. It looks like you've got something solid to work to!

As far as websites are concerned go to www.tripod.com and get yourself a free website. This is what I have done - take a look at www.signaturenails.co.uk.

There are plenty of other sites offering free space, but I've found this one to be the best. Just follow the steps - it's pretty straight forward.

Best of luck.

Karen

hi thanxs its free go to free webs and just follow the step by steps in doin your own web page xx
you can download pics also you may have to get permission from some places such as creative they look at your site and check the pics r ok hth xx

Good on ya for being so organised and planning your career...

i have the following planned

July - register for NVQ level 3
JUly - complete mini home salon

August - one 2 one to perfect sculpting
August - leaflet drop new services and home salon
September - attend brisa converstion course
September - have an open day at mini salon with free drinkies etc to promote services
September - YP pages advert appears, to extra leafleting to support
October - attend Gmex do more product research
October - complete business plan
November - attend pedicure course
November - launch web site

December - attend airbrushing course
December - start master classes in Fabric (hopefully)
January - start looking for premises (fingers crossed)
April - start new NVQ solely for nails

opps forgot to to the Nail Olympics in Vegas hopefully next year...to watch that is

Thanks guys, Im now off too check it all out.

Latest posts

Back