Platform for pedicure set up

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acrylic83

Reaction score
Hi, can anyone give me any ideas of what to use as a platform for my pedicure chair set up. Was looking at decking but i dont want to be sawing or anything any ideas would be great

Hi , would a Skinmate pedicure chair work for you to save any unnecessary woodwork? I use a very small stool to sit on , works well for me.
I have done thousands of pedicures in my working life without major changes to my pedicure set up .I don't think you need to overthink it really.
RosieR

I've been looking into this as well. I'm not sure how it could be done without sawing though. There would need to be a very strong framework as well as it has to support not only the client's weight, but the chair as well. There are ideas on Pinterest showing how to make one. Have you looked there?

Hi rosie ive had a look and this is not the look im going for. Im looking for a more contemporary feel to my pedicure corner

Beautiful you the decking looks good but id rather if i could get a box ready made. Ive seen them in other salons but have no clue on where to go for them or even what to use as a platform

Screenshot_20190527-230321_Chrome.jpg
this is inspiring

Beautiful you the decking looks good but id rather if i could get a box ready made. Ive seen them in other salons but have no clue on where to go for them or even what to use as a platform

You could get a carpenter to make one up for you I'm sure.

Carpenter charging £100 labour for a 60×120×20 wooden box so i guess out of the question far to pricey

Carpenter charging £100 labour for a 60×120×20 wooden box so i guess out of the question far to pricey

If you're liking the idea of decking boards you might be able to get them cut to the right length when you buy them. - B&Q cut wood for example. You are going to need some DIY skills though if you haven't got anyone to make it for you. You need a sturdy frame to support it, which would need to be screwed together.

I don't know exactly what style you're after, but if you like the raw wood look, would you consider possibly using bricks to build your frame to put the decking planks on? You wouldn't need many carpentry skills to assemble it! I know a very high end salon that uses scaffolding poles and boards for their display shelves and they've also got a lot of exposed bricks. It looks really good. (It's quite a big place though admittedly!)

If you're liking the idea of decking boards you might be able to get them cut to the right length when you buy them. - B&Q cut wood for example. You are going to need some DIY skills though if you haven't got anyone to make it for you. You need a sturdy frame to support it, which would need to be screwed together.

I don't know exactly what style you're after, but if you like the raw wood look, would you consider possibly using bricks to build your frame to put the decking planks on? You wouldn't need many carpentry skills to assemble it! I know a very high end salon that uses scaffolding poles and boards for their display shelves and they've also got a lot of exposed bricks. It looks really good. (It's quite a big place though admittedly!)
Sounds like something ive been thinking about. Thanks for your input

Latest posts

Back