SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eden diffley

Reaction score
Hey Geeks!

I’m doing a friend of mines hair tomorrow, she Currently has highlights and so her hair is fairly light a base 6/7/8 in places with a dark root.

She wants to go even lighter to a platinum/grey blonde, with a darker blended root.

I’ve told her it’s a process and I will lift her as light as I can without damaging her hair so she knows it won’t happen over night.

My question is this: I plan to not weave the sections of hair as she wants to be completely blonde on her ends. I am thinking to back comb to stop a line forming and bleach her hair in sections that way. To then follow up with a 10/16 wella toner and a root smudge as her natural hair growing through is dark blonde. Does this sound like a plan or is there an easier way you would suggest?

Hey Geeks!

I’m doing a friend of mines hair tomorrow, she Currently has highlights and so her hair is fairly light a base 6/7/8 in places with a dark root.

She wants to go even lighter to a platinum/grey blonde, with a darker blended root.

I’ve told her it’s a process and I will lift her as light as I can without damaging her hair so she knows it won’t happen over night.

My question is this: I plan to not weave the sections of hair as she wants to be completely blonde on her ends. I am thinking to back comb to stop a line forming and bleach her hair in sections that way. To then follow up with a 10/16 wella toner and a root smudge as her natural hair growing through is dark blonde. Does this sound like a plan or is there an easier way you would suggest?
That's definitely what I'd do, just obviously be prepared to go slightly darker with the toner, if there are still sections of an 8 or 9 there, the 10/16 won't be strong enough to tone out the warmth.
If you're trying to preserve condition, use colour touch 10/6 instead it's kinder to the hair.

That's definitely what I'd do, just obviously be prepared to go slightly darker with the toner, if there are still sections of an 8 or 9 there, the 10/16 won't be strong enough to tone out the warmth.
If you're trying to preserve condition, use colour touch 10/6 instead it's kinder to the hair.
You’re always so helpful! Thank you for responding!
I’ve decided to go with a 9/16 to be safe! Will send pictures of before and after once it’s done!

You’re always so helpful! Thank you for responding!
I’ve decided to go with a 9/16 to be safe! Will send pictures of before and after once it’s done!
Thank you :) just incase you haven't used it before, 9/16 can look very scary when the hair is wet, but usually dries a beautiful colour. So if after toning you're not sure of the colour, dry it off first :)

Latest posts

Back