Platinum went grey now greeny

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazza7429

Reaction score
Hi all, I did affirm age platinum 10.117 today over very light bleached hair and it went a gorgeous colour but with a very small area of prominent grey/blue on both sides! Client was very nervous anyway so I used some lemon and conditioner in which case it went greeny and dry! She has now totally gone off platinum and I'm going round tomor to put an all over colour!
What would everyone recommend preferably in affirm age range! I'm thinking 9/036 or 8/036 with converter tone on tone?? I'm slightly worried myself now... Or how would I eliminate the greeny colour????

A
Hi all, I did affirm age platinum 10.117 today over very light bleached hair and it went a gorgeous colour but with a very small area of prominent grey/blue on both sides! Client was very nervous anyway so I used some lemon and conditioner in which case it went greeny and dry! She has now totally gone off platinum and I'm going round tomor to put an all over colour!
What would everyone recommend preferably in affirm age range! I'm thinking 9/036 or 8/036 with converter tone on tone?? I'm slightly worried myself now... Or how would I eliminate the greeny colour????
Autocorrect I meant AFFINAGE range!!!

What does the 7 stand for in affinage?

What's 1 then I thought that would be blue lol

I was wondering about the 1 and 7. Just looked it up and 1 is ash green and 7 is blue...

Oops no green ash...

Well that's why it's green lol, not to worry tho it can be fixed :) opposite green is red so a quick wash with a red based colour should sort it back to neutral then you can reapply your grey from there :)

Thank you ladies! It was such a beautiful colour all be it the grey, then green tinge but client has decided she's is no longer brave enough to stick so we are going to do an all over of 9/036! My next query is weather I should apply with tone on tone or just use the 3%
I'm sure 3% would not add any further damage would it??

I'd say a tone on tone would be better for the hair but if you haven't got one a 3% would be ok in my experience. Good luck

Latest posts

Back