Play with feathers, any hints?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailomania

Reaction score
I've tied up in a heart machine all week, so my hubby gave me some new toys.
A bunch of lovely colored feather, ohh I just love earth colors and orange!!
But how do I do this gift of nature justice ?
Never done this before, can U give me a hint?
Do I put them to de sticky residue or du I just press them into uncured gel. ( oh I just do hard gels, I should mention) or do U have a fab trick up your sleeve??

Me and the "hand" going to have some fun!!

I use feathers, and love the look they create!
I use Bio (a soft soak off gel) but I guess in theory the mothod of application will be similar!
I apply feather into the sticky residue, and use a toothpick or metal orange stick to move into place and straighten or flatten pieces that don't co-operate :) I then use very thin layer of sealer gel (not sure what you would use) to set feather into place and cure before applying the finishing gel.
You'll love it, it can be a little fiddly but so worth the end result. :)

Thanx
I tried a lot of ways, but i just do as U do!
Its fiddly but so fun and the nails WOW! Fun fun fun
Have ordered a hip of new ones.
The toothpick was a real good idea, imagine it will simplify it a bit! thanx a lot!

I've just ordered some feathers, if anyone has any tips on applying with acrylic I'd be grateful!

I lay a bit of acrylic and lightly press my feather while its still slightly damp.
Then, whether gel or top coat or acrylic, once your feather is where u want it, always pull your brush in the direction of the feathers little hairs. I know there's a word for that. I can't think if it. Ugh.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

I lay a bit of acrylic and lightly press my feather while its still slightly damp.
Then, whether gel or top coat or acrylic, once your feather is where u want it, always pull your brush in the direction of the feathers little hairs. I know there's a word for that. I can't think if it. Ugh.

Sent from my Desire HD using SalonGeek

Thank you! I know what you mean about the little hairs but I can't think of the word either lol! Can't wait to have a play!

Latest posts

Back