Please advise-client booking

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi I need some advice.
When I started in this salon back in February I was a little nervous and took a little extra time.
I am now up to speed with my services.
I have two clients I take a little extra time on but not much. They are mother and daughter and both have very stif hands.
They were my very first clients in this salon and have stuck by me.
They always turn up for appointments.
They are always on time.
They are easy to reach and change appointment times if I have to.
They are loyal and I value them.
My boss has a bit of a problem with them everytime they book in she is taking half an hour off her service time. I take 1 hour and 15-20 mins for infill and she is moving there appointment to an hour leaving me no time for colour/glitter design. She is making the excuse that they have too much time booked in for them and that I am not charging enough for there service when I am charging them extra.
My boss is a hairdresser.
She is now telling other staff (hairdressers) to only book them in for 1 hour.
What do I do?
They have both booked there next appointment for In fills colour/design/glitter. I have booked 1hour and 30 mins for them both and will charge accordingly.
I don't want to lose them as clients.

Show your boss that you are charging them extra and that they are loyal clients. Hopefully if she sees the evidence that she's not losing money then she'll accept the timings

I have shown her I write the price down by the side of my column and it's the same as other clients. I have explained to her that they both have stiff hands, I am only running over by 10-15 mins and will easily make this time and money up during the day and not have lunch or break if a walking comes in. She did mention this to me a few weeks back and said she was not happy with the time/wages/product, even though I am supplying most of the products. She is asking me to charge more. I don't think they should be penalised.

What's your employment situation? Is it a true employment; does she pay you? You are using your own products? Are you on a percentage?

Yes I am employed on wage. When I started in February she was only doing gel polish, she had a very limited range of Jessica and wanted to expand to extensions. I brought alot of my own products and equipment from home until she bought what she needed for the salon. I have supplied pots of supplied some polymer/monomer/gel that I had until she baught it for the salon glitter/pigments/ foils/gems/crystals. Nail wipes/pump dispensers/uv lamp and replacement bulbs/ desk lamp/cuticle oil/top coat/other gel polishes colours she didn't have/ paints and brushes. She seems to have forgotten that I am supplying these things. The money has gone in her till. Sometimes I could have used all of my products on one client and she gets the money for it. This wasn't a problem for me because I am trying to establish my self and I have never quoted her a price for the products/equipment I am providing. When she mentioned to me about time regard these two clients and wages and products as if the products were hers it hit of a raw nerve.

Am I being unreasonable or does she need reminding of the fact that I am supplying these products and curing in my lamp?
I hate stiff hands at the best of times but because mother and daughter are the same I make allowances and value them they are good clients and it's good business sense that I keep them.
The receptionist booked two full sets Friday for yesterday morning without taking deposit and they didn't turn up so that money was lost but I had both of these clients in and got hold of them to come in early to fill the space. If it wasn't for these clients we wouldn't haven't made money for that morning. My boss doesn't see it this way I don't think she likes them that's my gut instinct and is not welcoming to them. Do I do the same and get rid of them just to please my boss.
They have prebooked their next two appointments, I know I have that client/money coming in.

I think what's best to do is make some notes about what you would like to say & sit down with your boss & have a chat, once you have everything off your chest I'm sure things will get better, maybe you just have to be firmer with your boss & stick up for yourself, I'm sure once you both talk properly everything will get sorted out, she maybe unaware of the point you have already made

Latest posts

Back