Please advise

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaye101

Reaction score
Hello to you all,i will try n keep this as short as possible, i qualified in 06 but have been on sick since then, i'm feeling good now so would like to go mobile, my friend has asked if i can do a pamper day/evening for a reasonable price for her friends (between 4/7 girls expected :eek:) she has requested massages and facials, so my questions are...

Do you think i should offer 30 min back massage + 30 min facial to include either massage or mask, otherwise ill be there for ever !

How much do you think i should charge, i was thinking £20 a head but really unsure, these could be potential clients for me so dont want to charge too much but at same time need to make a profit as i'm starting out.

I havent bought a facial range yet as i'm still debating which one to get which obviously makes a difference to the price, i have 2 weeks before i do the pamper night so do you think i should buy a few natures way products to start me off or would you recommend something else.

Thank you and pleeeeze help
Kaye x

You have to bear in mind how much time you actually have. If you have seven girls wanting 30 min facial and 30 min massage, it's going to take you seven hours to do, which is not exactly practical. You could offer them one or the other, or try and find another therapist to help you out. £20 is quite cheap for an hours treatment really though, you want to make it worth your while!

As to which products to use, I've never used Natures Way, but I think there are a few geeks on here who use it. I believe it's an ok range, but nothing spectacular. It's probably ok to use in this case as you've not got much time to get anything sorted. I can't really comment on it any further as it wouldn't be right to give an opinion about something I've not tried. I'm sure others will be able to help more.

Good luck with it!

Hi thanks for your reply and advice, i hope it's not going to be 7 girlys cos i will be knackered :zzz: !! spending 1 hour per client doesnt bother me (i think !!) as i could do with the practice, it has been a while and i'd like to do as much as i can.
Thanx again
Kaye x

I charge £18 per 30 minute treatment.

They can choose between facials, massage, reflexology, reiki, crystals, etc.

If they would like a combination of facial and massage, I would probably offer a 40 minute treatment instead.

I used to take another therapist along if their is more than 3 clients. We worked on a 50/50 rate.
We charged £18 per 30 mins or £25 for 1 hour. But we would split the treatments so each client got 30 mins with each therapist.

I wouldn't go mad and spend loads, why not buy some samples instead.

Thanx for that :) !! the facial skin products are doing my head in...there are so many to choose from !! :confused:
samples sounds good idea, think i'll do that tomorrow

Kaye x

Hello again, just been milling things through my head and i might just offer the massage or the facial as i'm thinking there might not want to stay too long, there is food and drink available so it could go one way or another :eek:
Kaye x

20 pounds sounds reasonable for each treatment, however, I wont do them for 30 minutes, I'd cut it to 20 minutes, especially the massage or you will be very tired. Facials can be a cleanse, tone, exfoliate couple of minutes of a facial massage, then moisturise...

As to the facial range - not all of them will want a facial, so why not use samples as suggested above? Dont splash out too much as you want to make a profit for your time spent at the party.

Hi hun,
I completly agree with the above thread, 30 mins each is too long.
I would do 20min, back neck and shoulder massage, 20 min facial for £25
Thats 40 mins per person and you have enough time to sort yourself out for the next lady, (fresh sheet of tissue, clean water)
I would also offer a few packages, maybe, foot and leg massage and back, neck and shoulder, all for 20 mins each and all for £25
You could print them up and hand them out to the ladys on the night.

I would also do a raffle with two prices of treatments, that way they have to come back to you to have them.
first price could be a back massage and second price could be £10 off your next treatment.
Charge £2 a ticket or 3 for £5
That way your make a min of £14 if there is 7 ladys and if they all buy a fivers worth £35.
Thats not bad!

Good luck, let us know how it goes!
Emma x
:)

Latest posts

Back