Please anyone help w/ the following...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BKnOki

Reaction score
Is it safe are for that matter ok even to mix gels with L&P polymers..I have gel additives but not getting good coverage with these...Would like to try to use color polymers and mix with my gels...Would be great to be able to use the pink I really love with my gels...

BK...

Good morning and welcome to the Nail geeks site. It is wonderful to have amember from Japan. I hope we hear lots form you .... no one in the world does nail art like the Japanese!!!! In a class of their own.

To your question.!

What everyone needs to understand and to be quite clear about, is that product chemistry is complicated and finely balanced, and anything that you add to anything alters the chemistry and possible the longevity of the product you are altering.
That is not to say that you cannot do it in safety ... nothing unsafe about what you propose to do, but just that it will alter the type of polymer that is eventually produced.

When it comes to powders and liquids, they are made to work in a 'system' in other words together! So using one manufacturer's liquid with another manufacturer's powder is not reccommended. I know some companies say their liquid works with any powder etc .... BUT although you could theoreticaly mix any liquid with any powder, YOU WILL NOT GET THE SAME RESULT AS IF YOU STICK TO YOUR SYSTEM.

With systems, results re guaranteed and the fine balance of the chemistry is not upset.

Thanx again for your great advise Ms.Geeg and it was great having the chance to talk with you knowing how busy you must be...hope you are enjoying a great weekend...

BK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back