please can some one help me having trouble trying to get some help on problem with my

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazzzy

Reaction score
hi
need some advice been doing nails for a few months now,but my nails are in trouble my nail bed is completely lifting on most of my nails in some of them have lost a good half of it as any one got any idea of why and what i can do to stop it going any further
please help me
carole:cry:

Your natural nail os lifting or is your enhancement lifting? x

Your natural nail os lifting or is your enhancement lifting? x
hi its my natural nail lifting and i cant seem to stop it

have you been messing about with them too much...?

i would cut them short...leave them alone and use plenty of solar oil....in time they will mend.

When the natural nail (nail plate) seperates from the nailbed...the technical term is onycholysis. There is an article regarding this on site that I advice you read and then you can see the causes and figure out which relates to you.
I will link it to this post......here it is...http://www.salongeek.com/health-safety-unaturale/2642-onycholysis.html

hi
thankyou new to this site were do i find article
cheers
carole

hi
thankyou new to this site were do i find article
cheers
carole

Just click on the underlined word onycholysis in my post...I have now linked it for you...HTH

Keep them as short as possible until it has grown out and oil them loads HTH xx

You say the lifting is occuring on most of your nails? Just to clarify, do you mean your own nails or your clients nails?

Assuming you are referring to clients nails, then I would think the nail plates are being overbuffed until they are very thin. This can occur when overblending tips or removing (overbuffing) product which has to be buffed off. Also, if the clients are serial pickers (they mostly deny this) then as they pick away, they are removing their own natural nail, again resulting in thining of the nail plate.

Gel and L&P products cannot be supported by very thinned out nail plates and onchylosis can occur this way. HTH.

Hi hun

Did you have enhancements on? I reckon it's the filing of the enhancements that causes lifting on your natural nail, or wearing enhancements puts too much pressure on your own nail esp if they are long.

Regards
Deb379

Latest posts

Back