Please can you help me - I'm really worried now

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorella

Reaction score
hi

as some of you will already know from my last post that i have all my treatments at half price for this month and last month. it was a special promotion for me opening my beauty room. the first month was brilliant, i was booked out all week but this month has completely died.

from my last post i have had a lot of advice from doing this and am now thinking have i sent out the wrong impression by having treatments at half price - eg. i dont seem professional or i look cheap/unqualified because my treatments are cheap.

i thought clients would be jumping at the chance for this promotion and it would give me the chance to get noticed that i am there now!!

i am really starting to panic as the last couple of weeks haven't picked up and i cant see the business surviving. i really want this to work and i am in tears about it. i know i should probably get a backbone about it as not all businesses work. i was just wondering if anyone could give me advice or feedback on what they have tried and tested that got clients in or that worked for them.

i know things might not work in my area as it did you your area but i really want to try everything and anything.

here is some things ive thought of:
- flyers
- text messages to all clients about new promtions
- advertise on my bebo page and contact all friends
- 3 for 2 on treatments
- monthly promtions

i hope someone can add to these things or treatments they offer that works for them etc.
sorry it is sooo long but i hope you can help.

thank you
xxxxxxx

Ok firstly you need to remember that as a new business success isn't going to happen over night, it takes time to build a loyal client base, and we're talking months, not weeks. So if you are able to hang in there financially then don't give up yet.:hug:

It is cheaper to keep a client than to get a new one, so work on those who came to you during your opening period. Contact them with a postcard flyer perhaps thanking them for their business and offering them a loyalty scheme to get them back through the door. Something like a free gift or a voucher, or even a free treatment (something they've never tried before and you can then hopefully convert them!) after so many visits.

Another one that people respond really well to is a refer a friend offer, you know, they get a discount for each friend they introduce to the business and has a paid for treatment. I give my client a £5 voucher for each succesful referal and the friend get 20% off their first treatment. They love it!! :)

Like I said, if you can don't give up. there are lots of things you can do without spending a fortune.

You could try loyalty cards too. They get a stamp each time they spend a certain amount and once they have maybe 5 or 10 stamps, they get a special discount or free treatment to a certain value xxx

ive found discounting half price is business sucide yes it brings them in at first but because you have given so much off they expect it all the time. I have found if you offer something free such as a file and polish or a mini facial the only thing you are giving is a little time and a little product and still getting the full benefit of revenue in your till.
Ive been open now for four months and some days im back to back and some days its slow but word of mouth spreads and gradually im getting there. It takes on average a good 1-2 years to get your business properly established dont lose heart yet
good luck x

Networking is the best way to spread the word about your business.
If you google "ladies business networking northern ireland" you'll find lots of groups where you can go along (some of them for free) and tell other business women about your business. Take business cards/brochures/flyers/samples with you too, and make sure you grab as many business cards off the other ladies so you can add them to your mailing list.
You could even start your own group - have a squint in my blog for details of how to do this.

thanks for all your help! i know i dont want to give up but my money's running out so im trying to think of things that'll bring the people in!

ill just have to stick it out and see what happens, but thanks for the advice!

xxxx

Don't feel so disheartened! A business takes years to grow.

I would say try a loyalty scheme

Latest posts

Back