Please help, acrylic nail nightmare

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hopekrystan

Reaction score
I will start by saying that its extremely hard to find a thread the someone has followed up on to allow people to see what the out come is or what they even chose to try. I will be doing that!!!
I have acrylic nails, obviously lol, I would make up a way better not so embarrassing story however I'm just going to stick with the wonderful humiliating clusmy truth.
3a.m Sleep bathroom break always hits. Got to bathroom just fine thanks then disasters strikes. THANK GOD I'm still half asleep, or that could be the blame. Anyways I got to pull my pants up and I fall against sink. Didn't hurt expect for my pinky nail TIP hits the cabinet straight on and has pushed my real nail so hard back it rips half off. Thankfully I force myself back to sleep not realizing the damage until the AM.
See pictures
There is dried blood around nail

Day 1nail hurts so bad. I use a bandaid and wrap it up.
Later in the day bandaid comes off. While bandaid was on it was dry. When it came off this clear liquid was present
Five hours later put bandaid back on

Day two baidaid on dry whole day changed it once still dry

Day three. Bandaid on liquid changed the bandaid didn't help.

four am my time...now. Have bandaid off was liquid now dry tried to clean the nasty I can get to undernail VERY painful.

I can most diffently tell my (real nail) acrylic on top, has detached from skin at top. And on one side partly. How much thought I can't tell. The skin is hooked to it somewhere

So there is background. Now questions

What do I do?
My acrylic is so long it bumps everything and is painful?
I do know what to do to keep it from infection.
How can I remove the nail to even see how bad it is. In a healthy least pain possible way.

Someone help PLEASE. Someone be alive tonight to help.

Attachments

• WIN_20181110_04_28_58_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181110_04_28_58_Pro.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 114
  • WIN_20181110_04_30_09_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181110_04_30_09_Pro.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 112
  • WIN_20181110_04_28_53_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181110_04_28_53_Pro.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 109
  • WIN_20181110_04_28_32_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181110_04_28_32_Pro.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 108
  • WIN_20181110_04_27_11_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20181110_04_27_11_Pro.jpg
    285.9 KB · Views: 97
All pics are from different angles the 2picture is showing how my nail hit the direction that caused the trauma.

Ouch!

Not much you can do whilst it's still producing 'fliuds' - it would be better to bandage it more significantly than just a bandaid. At the moment it just keeps 'breaking open' due to the instability.

Once it stops 'weeping' it should stop hurting too, then you can investigate what's happening under the polish/gel/acrylic.

Are you a nail tech?

No, I went to Paul Mitchell to do hair. I truly didn't care for their teaching techniques. I finished but the type of hair and styles I was already making money in I just stuck with that.

So leave acrylic nail on also? Is there a way to safely trim it down due to length. I do have a nail drill and attachments.

So leave acrylic nail on also? Is there a way to safely trim it down due to length. I do have a nail drill and attachments.

Leave it alone completely until it stops producing liquids of any kind, the pain will stop too so you'll know. Then first remove the colour coating so you can see whats actually going on. You'll need to go gently and support the nail from the top and bottom to minimise further damage. Until you can actually see whats going on you can't know the next move.

It might just be torn hypernychium, it might be total nail separation, it might be a stress area crack - or any combination of the 3. Each will be handled differently

Also, just out of curiosity what product has been used?

I would have expected Gel to snap before the natural nail took that much impact. L&P would withstand more impact but should still break before doing that much damage to skin tissue.

Great advice from Trinity as usual

What strikes me most of all is that they are way way way too long for the length of your nail bed. They are at least 3 times the length of what you have naturally and so extremely vulnerable and imbalanced. I’m also a tad concerned about you having and using a drill when you’re not trained!
Did you do them yourself?

Great advice from Trinity as usual

What strikes me most of all is that they are way way way too long for the length of your nail bed. They are at least 3 times the length of what you have naturally and so extremely vulnerable and imbalanced. I’m also a tad concerned about you having and using a drill when you’re not trained!
Did you do them yourself?

Blos, OP not been back since Sunday morning so I don't think we'll find out more. I'm suspicious they products are NSS, they're very long, very thick and I suspect the soft tissue damage is extensive because its MMA. But I was trying to ask the question gently LOL

Blos, OP not been back since Sunday morning so I don't think we'll find out more. I'm suspicious they products are NSS, they're very long, very thick and I suspect the soft tissue damage is extensive because its MMA. But I was trying to ask the question gently LOL

And there’s me going in like a blunderbus [emoji23][emoji85]
Didn’t mean to sound heartless OP, hope all ok x

Latest posts

Back