Advice needed, weak nails and CND Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s_bryan_beauty

Acasa Beauty
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm after some advice and recommendations. I currently use CND Shellac (have done for over 3 years now) and I have one client whose nails just aren't compatible with it. She has thin nails and has told me she has always suffered from weak nails. She gets just over a week out of Shellac and says she is religiously following my aftercare advice.

I have tried using IBX, IZ gel and CND Duraforce topcoat on her and still no dramatic improvement. So, I am on the lookout for a product that will give her nails the strength needed to keep Shellac on for longer but is a soak-off product - does anyone have any recommendations?? I'm desperate to help her.

Thank you in advance!
Shannon x

You could try the new Smooth It from lecente.
Apply base, then smooth it, then colour coats and original top coat.
It's certainly working to make my nails much stronger

I like to sprinkle acrylic powder on the wet base coat for shellac and cure on 3 then wipe with scrub fresh and put the colour and top coat on, this works well to build up the nail strength for the shellac but it won’t strengthen the natural nail when it comes off obviously :)

The Gel Bottle's Builder in a Bottle (BIAB) is fantastic as an overlay for natural nails (or extensions). It's really strong, rarely lifts or chips and I find extends the wear of gel polish considerably and can be soaked off, (although it is really easy to infill). Of course it's a completely different system but prior to them brining out their own curing lamp I'm sure they stated the CND lamp was compatible, but you'd need to double check that. It honestly has been a game changer for my business and I use it on the majority of my clients.

The Gel Bottle's Builder in a Bottle (BIAB) is fantastic as an overlay for natural nails (or extensions). It's really strong, rarely lifts or chips and I find extends the wear of gel polish considerably and can be soaked off, (although it is really easy to infill). Of course it's a completely different system but prior to them brining out their own curing lamp I'm sure they stated the CND lamp was compatible, but you'd need to double check that. It honestly has been a game changer for my business and I use it on the majority of my clients.
Hey can you tell me where you get it and how you use it?

Hey can you tell me where you get it and how you use it?
I buy it directly from The Gel Bottle's website. You'll need to email copies of your qualifications to buy BIAB. They've got application videos on their website but you can also look at YouTube - (type in The Gel Bottle BIAB and look for their own tutorials or Sarah R's, or The Nail Engineer).
It's classed as a base coat as well as a builder gel, so doesn't need another base coat underneath, although their Rubber Base is great for giving even more strength.

I also use CND Shellac; and have many clients who get 14-21days wear and have no problems,
But Unfortunately on myself I don’t get even 7days and never have done, and iv had a few clients who also had the same,

So iv also started to stock and use OPI base, colour & topcoat and I’m getting 2- 3 weeks wear on myself.

I buy it directly from The Gel Bottle's website. You'll need to email copies of your qualifications to buy BIAB. They've got application videos on their website but you can also look at YouTube - (type in The Gel Bottle BIAB and look for their own tutorials or Sarah R's, or The Nail Engineer).
It's classed as a base coat as well as a builder gel, so doesn't need another base coat underneath, although their Rubber Base is great for giving even more strength.
Thanks x

Thank you for the replies! Think I will try The Gel Bottle BIAB first and see how that goes :)

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Does the rubber base soak off too?

If you are using CND shellac, then you should look within the brand for a solution, rather than mixing and matching products - remembering that you need a lamp that works with the products you're using.

Many techs are reporting success with
base
workforce
colour x 2
topcoat

If you are using CND shellac, then you should look within the brand for a solution, rather than mixing and matching products - remembering that you need a lamp that works with the products you're using.

Many techs are reporting success with
base
workforce
colour x 2
topcoat

What do you mean with workforce? :)

Latest posts

Back