Please Help, Advice Needed!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMMA AT ELITE

Reaction score

Hi all,
Please can you all advice me, here is my problem.....
A client of mine, who is a hair dresser in the hair salon down the road came in the other day for her waxing and told me that one of their clients came in for her hair to be done, and she was saying to them in the hair dressers that her mum came in to me for a pedicure, and a few days later her mum got a infection in her toe nail.
The hairdresser stuck up for me saying she has her treatment with me and i am always very professional, (which was nice to hear)
However, I feel very annoyed that I am been spoken of badly behind my back, and wished that if the lady had a problem, she would of come back and spoken to me, rather than her daughter broadcasting it in to the hairdressers down the road, where any potential new clients may have been (or even excisting clients, could have overheard)
I am so confused :irked: out how I could have given an infection to the client, as i religiously sterialised all tools. I dont even know if its a co-insidence.

Can anyone advice me please at how this could of happened, is it my fault?
How could the lady have got an infection on her own? how could I have done this?

I also want to confront the client and say in a nice way,... that it has got back to me that her daughter (who is late 30s) was over heard telling people that i caused her to get an infection in her toe, and I dont appreciate being spoken badly of, when I really believe I did nothing wrong!

Sorry to go on so much but I really wanted to explain the full story, as I am very upset by this.
I have put this thread in the nail section as i am hoping all you nail geeks can help me out withthe whole infection in the toe nail.
:cry::cry:​

Last edited by a moderator:
ow hun...ok ...its the daughter that is saying that her mum has infection in her toe....how do they know what a infetion looks like....could be a bruise where she banged it....i would not approach the daughter or the mother...i i was you....if i see them out i woud make a point of saying "hi...how are you....how are your nails"...and see if they say anything xx

ow hun...ok ...its the daughter that is saying that her mum has infection in her toe....how do they know what a infetion looks like....could be a bruise where she banged it....i would not approach the daughter or the mother...i i was you....if i see them out i woud make a point of saying "hi...how are you....how are your nails"...and see if they say anything xx

Very good advise

Anything like this really knocks your confidence doesn't it? You can do one of two things. You could forget all about it and let it die a death. People will forget. Or you could call the lady concerned and say 'Hi Sue, I'm so sorry to hear that you've had an infection. I know it's not from my tools as sanitise them but I hate to think that you're in pain. Could you pop in and let me have a look?' That way you sound caring (which you are) and she'll know she's been caught out. I doubt she'll try that one again. I bet she's got an ingrowing toenail. xxx

Hi all,
Thanks for quick replies, I do really want to say something to the client,

Forgot to say,.....
this lady coms in every month for a pedicure and waxing, and came in last week, and said can she just have waxing as she has an infection in her toe nail, and it the doctor said it might have to be taken off!!

It was the next day the hairdresser came in and told me what the ladys daughter had said!!

So it is really bothering me, but the lady had a chance to confront me when she came in, however her daughter is telling people its my fault.
How could I have given a infection bad enough to cause someone to possibly have their nail taken off?
When I speak to the lady I want to say something that will back me up for example, ... you could have got it from X Y Z!
What can just cause infections like that??

well if it was an infection ...i think she would have told you...not only was it the time and the place...but she might have thought you done her waxing for nothing...i would still not contact them hun and put this down as expeience xx

I know she wouldn`t have expected free waxing as she is a lovely lady, and not like that.
She would be the type that would probably not what to upset me by saying she thinks it was me.

OH GROUND, OPEN UP AND SWALLOW ME!!!!!!
:cry::cry::cry:​

ow hun....dont let this knock your confidence....before i done nails...i NEVER had my nails done...i did not know what lifting/infections were...so this daughter might be saying infection but it is not...the mum could have banged it and not told the daughter this...if the woman is that nice...she would not slag you off to her daughter...she might have said..."could you take a look at this as i dont know what it is"....have the daughter/mother ever done nails??x

the infection may be absolutely nothing to do with the treatment, we all get infections from time to time and there could be 1000 different explanations....

keep your chin up hun xxxxxxxx

I am just a bit deflated over the whole thing.
Never mind, lets just hope the ladys toe nail was not my fault, and she will be ok!
:irked:

Please take Kimmies advice ... It is good sound advice.

CALL the lady and tell her that you have heard that she has an infection and of course you are concerned about it. Leave it there and see what her reaction is.

You have only heard third hand about waht is being said. Get it from the horse's mouth and then deal with her answers to you.

Latest posts

Back