Please help - an emergency!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angel_face1985

Reaction score
Hi,
Im new to the hairdressing buisness and i have stupidly agreed to do someones hair tonight and i know they say a little bit of knolege is leatheal!!!
Welll.........................
She is a base 5 and already has colour on her hair taking her to a 9 or 10 and i said i would sort out her roots!! i am training with kolesten perfect but she couldnt afford to do it so we are doin clairol from sallys!!

I chose a 12av to nuteralise the red that will be in her hair and cover the other colour on her hair, now im douting my judgement and scared it wont turn out right, also can i put the colour right through to the ends with a high lift????

Please please help as im ment to be doin this in half an hour!! if you dont use clairol please advise me what to do any way coz i can always go bk and change it tomorow!!!
thanks

why not do a strand test

if your in any doubt on what the end result will be definatly do a strand test, I dont work with kolston colours so cant really advise on that sorry

Hi,
Im new to the hairdressing buisness and i have stupidly agreed to do someones hair tonight and i know they say a little bit of knolege is leatheal!!!
Welll.........................
She is a base 5 and already has colour on her hair taking her to a 9 or 10 and i said i would sort out her roots!! i am training with kolesten perfect but she couldnt afford to do it so we are doin clairol from sallys!!

I chose a 12av to nuteralise the red that will be in her hair and cover the other colour on her hair, now im douting my judgement and scared it wont turn out right, also can i put the colour right through to the ends with a high lift????

Please please help as im ment to be doin this in half an hour!! if you dont use clairol please advise me what to do any way coz i can always go bk and change it tomorow!!!
thanks

Hey , I think I tried these high lift tints in a tube from sallys once when they were on offer ,
from what I remember 12av = ash violet should be fine on the roots and
av = ash violet should nuetralize any orangey tones that may come through at the roots,

so your colour choice sounds fine , :hug:

Just follow maufactures instructions for maximum lift ,

if the hair is shorter you can take it through to the ends for the last five mins but water down the remaining tint left in the bowl well so it wont be too strong ,
and then carefully watch it as ash shades can grab on previously lightenend hair ,

Toning the ends after the high lift tint ;

if the hair is longer and she's not having it cut much
a milder toner like wella colour fresh 0/6 silver
may be better in the long term for the condition of the hair, especially for the ends ,

plus you won't get any grab with colour fresh 0/6 silver as it is a great toner for pre lightend, bleached or highlighted hair
hth :hug: x

hope it all goes well for you :hug: x

Ps , I would also let your friend know that its not good to skimp on hair products as this kinda thing puts you under pressure because if things go wrong
you may end up getting the blame x :hug: x

Last edited:
of phew!!!..................... it went fine!!! as i was puttin the colour on it was changing colour slowly and it was goin the right colour!!
It has all worked out fine!!

I wasnt so worried bout the make of colour it was more the choice of colour!! wasnt sure if to use a 12/1 or a 12/3 as i thought the 12/3 would leave her with quite a very gold scalp as i wasnt nuterlising anything!! its one of those things when you dont trust your own judgement!!

I have found clairol professional really good as the numbering/lettering system is very logical!!hehe

Thanks guys for all your help and im sure if i get stuck again i know where to come!!

Hi , well Im glad it all went ok for you , I think you picked a really good colour for her hair and base level , :hug: x minky

Latest posts

Back