Please help! client trouble

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yourmoment

Reaction score
Hi all

I have done acrylic nails on a few clients and over the past month 2 have come back with their nail chipped, one had a little chip and the other was 1/4 chipped (tip). I always do my own nails too and ive never managed to chip any of my own. I really hated it when they came back to me and told me this.....really gets me down and makes me not like doing it as much because i feel im not doing it good enough.

Any advice would be gratefull

Kristy

Hi there,:)
Dont let it get to you:hug:, its all part of the maintenance work Id say:).
I get disheartened as well when you leave the client with spotless nails,and when you return theyve all been bashed about :irked:.
9 times out of ten theyve usually chipped them the day before I come.
Maybe it might be a good idea to charge more then they might take more care,ask them how they chipped them ,and I like yourself rarely ever chip mine,but then maybe us techs are just more careful with our hands.

I have been doing nails for over 10 years now so I think I am getting the hang of it and I have clients who never chip their nails and a couple of others who look like they have been 5 rounds with Mike Tyson. What on earth they do is beyond me but they always have a story about a car door or making the bed or moving the children's bikes.

This type of thing happens in the real world so do not worry! If you get someone who regularly breaks or chips a nail then they maybe need to be just a bit thicker for them. :)

Dont stress out about it darling. it would have been wonderful if all our clients were following our advice. well, many simply dont. I agree with geeks below.

Just make sure you always remind your clients their aftercare routine and tips on how to get the most out of their nails,ie. gloves, oil and dont use nails as tools,etc.:)

i had a client who alwayd came back without a nail on their index finger, but she could not recall why it kept pinging off after two weeks. Eventually she remembered that she uses that finger to press the button that flushes her toilet:eek:. problem was solved by making the apex a bit higher.

hope this helps:)

Hi all

I have done acrylic nails on a few clients and over the past month 2 have come back with their nail chipped, one had a little chip and the other was 1/4 chipped (tip). I always do my own nails too and ive never managed to chip any of my own. I really hated it when they came back to me and told me this.....really gets me down and makes me not like doing it as much because i feel im not doing it good enough.

Any advice would be gratefull

Kristy

You have to get to know your client and construct their nail accordingly. This is life .. people are different and you have to compensate for the difference by changing what you do for each individual. This is life in the world of nails!

Hi all thanks for your advice!
My client came back in to have her nail repaired and while she went to the toilet her daughter said mummy melted her nail on a candle so she snapped it off.
I was quite annoyed because she was having a go at me saying that shes never had any snap on her before, i wish she would have just told me the truth in the first place!
Kristy

That is why our little darlings should be seen and not heard! Hahaha, that is very funny!

Sometimes chips/breakages happen, sometimes they don't, they are a fact of life and are often more to do with what the client is doing and using her nails for...like the candle incident.

All the best with getting your confidence up, it is true, the more you do, the better you will become, and the more you do one particular client, you will begin to learn their hands like the back of your's (no pun intended) and can tailor and predict how best to provide them with long lasting and beautiful enhancements! :biggrin:

Louisa x

I can understand where your'e comming from. It's the wearer's risk to chip a nail. They can't be grabbing things so fast. Nails aren't tools and they have to understand that.
Hang in there.

maybe try making them a bit thicker. you could just point out to them that the extensions are stronger than their own nails and the breakage would've happened anyway. Don't let it get you down, it's just folk chancing it to get them done again

I find some people just don't take care of their nails. I have clients who come and see me and their nails are as good as the day I put them on just need infills, then I got those who swear blind they have been carefull and they come with just two left on and damage evidence on the nail bed!! Eventually they do come clean or someone drops them in it. Just keep going.

So.... if a client comes in with three nails off (like mine last night who was done by another client) would you all charge for each of those repairs? I have been getting behind because of these repairs and frustrated with working more and getting paid the same fill price. Of course feel guilty to charge them more.

Hi If the tell tale signs are there, which you can show them by wiping over with sanitiser then yes charge them, when you give them their aftercare leaflets give them a price list to.
I was doing them free at first one person came to my house and said they kept snapping and I couldn't think why, turns out she was a really bad picker and her friend told me she would sit there picking them untill they came off :?: and me muggins blamed myself lol as soon as I said they had to be paid for guess what no more lost nails. :)

Hi If the tell tale signs are there, which you can show them by wiping over with sanitiser then yes charge them, when you give them their aftercare leaflets give them a price list to.
I was doing them free at first one person came to my house and said they kept snapping and I couldn't think why, turns out she was a really bad picker and her friend told me she would sit there picking them untill they came off :?: and me muggins blamed myself lol as soon as I said they had to be paid for guess what no more lost nails. :)

In answers to both Yes I would charge. If a client came back with one broken nail I would repair it FOC, in some cases not. But with this certain client, I told her to bring in the nails that came off, I then showed her what the difference between snap and a rip off. I charged her for soaking off her remaining nails and charged her for another set. The next time she came in just like Annebet - No missing nails!! Try the paper and glue trick that alot of tech use on clients - that tends to leave them red faced :o.

In answers to both Yes I would charge. If a client came back with one broken nail I would repair it FOC, in some cases not. But with this certain client, I told her to bring in the nails that came off, I then showed her what the difference between snap and a rip off. I charged her for soaking off her remaining nails and charged her for another set. The next time she came in just like Annebet - No missing nails!! Try the paper and glue trick that alot of tech use on clients - that tends to leave them red faced :o.

What's the paper and glue trick? Don't think I've heard of that!

wondering what the paper and glue test is??

I use this when a client tells me their nails fell off!!! Its where you stick two pieces of paper together to show the client how acrylic and nail bed stick together. If you pull them apart the paper gets damaged, try it you'll see what I mean. Expalin this to your client - see how carefully they will treat their nails.

Latest posts

Back