Please Help! Damzel In Distress!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gemma2006

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Was just looking for some help and advice with Beauty Courses. I am seriously considering a complete career change and getting into the Beauty industry, however I have a bit of a problem as I can't give up work to go on a full time beauty therapy course and am finding it difficult to find an evening/weekend Beauty Therapy NVQ 2 course - so I'm wondering if I am just better off doing separate courses to learn each treatment that the course teaches? But are the individual courses just as good as doing the year long NVQ? I wouldn't bother with the day courses but I have seen a few 8 and 12 week courses around.

I am even finding it hard to find short courses too so if someone knows of a college/beauty school that could be recommended it would be much appreciated. I'm in North London so can travel at weekends, evenings will be difficult depending on what time the courses start and where they are as I'll be going straight from work. How quick could I qualify as aTherapist learning part time do u think I could do it in under a year? Am really keen to just get going on it! Gemma x

do they not have part time on nvq courses anymore i did mine 2 evenings a week over 2 years (but this was 6 years ago)

mmmmmmm thats a tricky one hun

When you have some free time Raid every college prospectus and course info booklets that train any where in london. Its difficult because in actual fact it is cheaper to do a full time beauty course , then this way you have all your BT units etc. Give the local college a call and ask about funding , you said you cant leave your job which is fair enough but there will always be part time jobs and then if you do take up a full time course you will be amazed how quick and informative it is.

Good luck thoe and im sure you will find something for your needs
xx

do they not have part time on nvq courses anymore i did mine 2 evenings a week over 2 years (but this was 6 years ago)

Yes they still do part time NVQ,my friend doing 2 evenings a week,Mon and Wed.

Its worth bearing in mind that if you are looking for a salon job most require level 2 or 3 nvq or equivalant qualifications.

Most salons in this area won't take on therapists without an nvq lv 3 a few will take on level 2 for weekend work. If you are planning on working for yourself then doing seperate courses would be ok but cost you more money i would expect.

Thanks so much for the advice, I have been through all the local colleges and just seem to be getting no where but I am not going to give up - the search continues!

Thanks for the advice, I'll bear in mind the fact I'll need my nvq 3 for salon work. I was going to see how things went just doing it in my spare time and then if I got busy enough hopefully I could go mobile and give up my job but I suppose it's not always that easy but I thought I could earn more money working for myself rather than in a salon but I have no idea as this is all new to me! x

Yes they still do part time NVQ,my friend doing 2 evenings a week,Mon and Wed.

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know about the part time course your friend is doing, is it in London?

Latest posts

Back