Please Help-doctors referral!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky vicky

Reaction score
Hi eveyone ! I need a bit of help. i have to write a referral letter for my NVQ and i'm not really sure what to say on it ! can anyone give me some ideas. I have to do it tonight to hand it in tomorrow!
thanks
Vicky

Hi Vicky

What treatment is your referral for? Might just be able to help you...had to do several letters for VTCT courses I've done in the past

tricky vicky said:
Hi eveyone ! I need a bit of help. i have to write a referral letter for my NVQ and i'm not really sure what to say on it ! can anyone give me some ideas. I have to do it tonight to hand it in tomorrow!
thanks
Vicky

sarahp said:
Hi Vicky

What treatment is your referral for? Might just be able to help you...had to do several letters for VTCT courses I've done in the past
Hi thanks it's just a general letter if i have to reffer anyone to the doctor, just not sure really how to word it!
Vicky

I used to be a medical secretary and you would be suprised at the shortness of the referal letters. My guess would be something on the lines of........

Your Business Name
Put your business address here

Date.............

With reference to Mrs Mary Smith. (Her address)..........

Dear Dr ..........
I would be pleased if you would take a look at a client of mine who is presenting with.......blah blah (whatever you have noticed on the nails/fingers etc.). This lady came to me as a client wanting nail enhancements but I was unable to complete the treatment as the previously mentioned symptoms are a contraindication condition.

Yours sincerely

(your name)
(your business address.)

[Thanks so much that will help ! i tried to make a start myself and i will add some of your letter to it !
thanks again the next thing i have to do is an after care leaflet lol !at least i have one of those i can get ideas off of

thanks
vicky

As Val said, most letters are short. My letter is as follows:

Dear

Subject: Consent to Complimentary Therapy

A patient of yours, , has requested a body massage treatment.

After carrying out a consultation I learned that he/she is suffering from .

I would, therefore, be grateful if you would indicate by signing the attached, if you think is suitable for treatment.

Sincerely,

Sarah Parker

Holistic Therapist

Client Name:________________

Consent Form

The above treatment you have requested is suitable/unsuitable for the above named client.

Signed: Date:

It's also a good idea to include a SAE with your letter, that way you'll certain to get a reply.

Good luck :wink2:

Latest posts

Back